March 29, 2017

Pasta Sauce

Posted on February 28, 2008 by in sauces

Print Friendly

After a few nights of eating meat, we needed a break and my daughter was starting to show withdrawal symptoms for not eating enough pasta.(her fav). I don’t like elaborate sauces on pasta – just like my pizza’s, I like a good tomato sauce and good cheese – that’s it!

Napoletana sauce

1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tins chopped whole tomatoes
1 tin tomato puree
1Tbs sugar
1 cup red wine
salt and pepper to taste
Chopped oregano and thyme
1 Tbs red wine vinegar

Fry onion and garlic.
Add all other ingredients and cook until thick and reduced.
Season to taste.

Cook pasta and add to sauce and mix well.

Serve with freshly grated parmesan and black pepper.

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Pasta Sauce”

1. Jessy and her dog Winnie 28 February 2008 at 10:45 pm #

I love pasta, and this looks like a really great recipe. I love the pictures with the bright red sauce.

2. Peter M 28 February 2008 at 11:03 pm #

Simple is best…more wine please!

A sauce like this was my first real cooking success.

3. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 29 February 2008 at 5:16 am #

Peter – with this simply recipe it is hard not to succeed…..

Jessy- Try it, just be patient with the sauce, the longer it cooks, the better the flavor.

Thanks for popping in guys.

4. Rose&Thorn 29 February 2008 at 8:22 am #

We had the same thing last night for supper, except I added some calamari rings and chilli!

5. Dhanggit 29 February 2008 at 4:35 pm #

oh my god!! i’ve never seen a napoletana as photogenic as this!! if only i could reach out.. yummy

6. Manggy 29 February 2008 at 4:45 pm #

The pasta looks lovely 🙂 Simple comforts (just a dash of chili on top for me please 🙂

PS Thanks for visiting my blog!

7. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 29 February 2008 at 6:47 pm #

roseþ – calamari and chili,mmmm yumee! I think I must make a few of these bottles of sauce and keep it for days that I don’t feel like cooking..

dhanggit- I think it is the Italian colors that are so pretty.

manggy- I had chili on mine, but I have little children, so I couldn’t make the whole batch with chili.

Thanks for popping in guys

8. Big Boys Oven 1 March 2008 at 4:29 pm #

OMG! your pasta looks so inviting and so indulging. What a winner! thanks for dropping by at our blog!

9. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 1 March 2008 at 4:33 pm #

My pleasure big boys, thx for the comment.

10. Mansi Desai 1 March 2008 at 6:47 pm #

Its always nice to get a pasta recipe as it’s cooked so often in my house! this looks really similar to what I usually make:)

11. Maryann 1 March 2008 at 7:24 pm #

Looks good to me 😉

12. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 2 March 2008 at 6:45 am #

Thanks for the visits and comments all you wonderful people.

13. White On Rice Couple 4 March 2008 at 3:21 am #

Hi, someones blogroll (forgot who) and go glad I did. Your dishes look fantastic and I think you’re awesome for what you cook for your family. Does you husband and kids know how lucky they are? 🙂

14. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 4 March 2008 at 5:43 am #

white on rice couple – I think my family does appreciate my cooking. Especially my pasta dishes, always goes down well.

15. Emily 7 November 2008 at 10:53 pm #

The sauce looks great! Next time my family has spaghetti I’ll have to get my family to try this recipe. 😀 Thanks!

16. agagus 6 January 2009 at 4:59 pm #

Hello Nina,

Your pasta dish looks so great!

Can you tell me what size of tin you used in your recipe please?

Nathalie

17. Nina Timm 6 January 2009 at 5:30 pm #

Hi agagus, thanks for dropping by. Phew this is quite a while back, but I think it was a 400gr tin.

18. LDH 29 October 2009 at 10:33 pm #

Hello! First time visiting your blog and this recipe looks amazing! Silly question… how much is in a tin. We have 16 oz size and 28 oz size.

Kindly, ldh