August 18, 2017

Mexican Pizza

Posted on July 24, 2008 by in baked goods

I have such admiration for fellow bloggers who are so diligent in submitting their entries to the various events. An example is Val from More than burnt toast. Every time I visit her site, she has posted some entry to some kind of event. That is dedication!
Although I try to post regularly, I always try and avoid the added stress of meeting deadlines. One event that has caught my attention though, is the brainchild of Nicole from For the love of Food.

This event is called Taste and Create. Every month you are paired with another blogger and all you have to do, is to choose a recipe from their site, cook it and then blog about it. I love the idea of trying recipes from other bloggers and this month I was delighted to be paired with the highly talented Ben from What’s cooking.

When I got up this morning I decide to give this event a miss, because my days have just been too hectic, but it is my first entry to this event and I could not miss it. The Mexican Pizza looked most appealing to me and it was quick to make, so that was my choice for supper tonight and also my entry to this months Taste and Create.I hope I am still in time …) I made some slight changes to Ben’s recipe, simply because I wanted to use whatever ingredients I had.
For the original recipe, click here.
These are the changes that I made.
1. I used white pizza dough – family’s preference
2. I replaced the zucchini with green peppers.
3. I could not find Poblano peppers and replaced it with Peppadews.

It was a deliciously filling pizza and there is ample left for lunch boxes tomorrow. Thanks Ben for the inspiration.

22 Responses to “Mexican Pizza”

1. That Girl 24 July 2008 at 9:38 pm #

That pizza just looks dripping with goodness.

2. Mike of Mike's Table 24 July 2008 at 9:59 pm #

My stomach is growling as I admire that pizza right now–it looks awesome!

3. Ben 24 July 2008 at 11:14 pm #

Your pizza looks amazing, Nina. I have never had peppadews before, are they spicy? It was a very nice experience getting to know you better through your recipes 🙂

4. [eatingclub] vancouver || js 24 July 2008 at 11:23 pm #

The pizza looks so gooey-gorgeous! I would love to have a slice of that.

5. noble pig 25 July 2008 at 5:51 am #

Oh this looks absolutely fabulous! Unreal!

6. Peter M 25 July 2008 at 2:11 pm #

This pizza is sexy…I’ve been seduced!

7. Pam 25 July 2008 at 5:18 pm #

The event sounds fun and that pizza looks amazing!

8. farida 25 July 2008 at 7:49 pm #

My my! This looks so delicious!!!!

9. Nikki Miller-Ka 26 July 2008 at 1:46 am #

Yes, your pizza does look great. I love making pizza. I made some earlier this week. I really love how you’ve substituted the peppers. I like peppadews because they’re sweet.

10. Dhanggit 26 July 2008 at 1:33 pm #

mexican pizza!! i love the sound of this!! im drooling actually on your photos 🙂 yum…i love pizza but i never tried making something like this before 🙂

11. Kevin 27 July 2008 at 3:16 am #

That pizza looks good!

12. Jenny 27 July 2008 at 6:38 am #

Hi Nina,
    I am in awe of your blog. What beautiful pictures and mouthwatering recipes! I look forward to visiting often. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Picky Palate

13. Jan 27 July 2008 at 9:05 am #

Nina – I have never had Peppadews or even heard of them before! I’m off to look them up on the net. That is one lovely looking pizza!

14. Dragon 28 July 2008 at 12:35 am #

I love this pizza! It looks so warm and inviting. May I have a slice?

15. Cynthia 28 July 2008 at 1:32 am #

Nina, you are fast becoming one of those women who can feed me things that I don’t even want to eat, like this pizza!

16. Bellini Valli 28 July 2008 at 2:59 am #

I find inspiration in participating in events Nina. T & C is one of my favourites and I never miss it. Lucky you to be paired with Ben ..he is a sweetheart:D

17. Emiline 28 July 2008 at 3:01 am #

This does sound like a fun event – I’d love to try it sometime.

The Mexican pizza looks wonderful. I’m CrAzY about pizza.

18. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 28 July 2008 at 5:46 am #

that girl – trust me, it was…

mike – well, stop the growl and make one..

ben – thanks for the lovely idea!

eatingclub vancouver – come over and grab a slice

noble pig – thanks!!!

peter – now I know where your weak spot is….

pam – you must definitley try it.

farida – thanks!!!

nikki – I am amazed that YOU know what peppadews are…the rest of the blogosphere does not seem to…the suppliers assure me that it is now available almost everywhere.

dhanggit – thanks for the visit, I tried going onto you site, but no success???

kevin – it was so good!!

jenny – my photography is still in it’s bay shoes, but thanks for the compliment.

jan – hope you’re in luck

dragon – please do!!!!

cynthia – Are you a push-over?????he-he!

val – and you do it so well!

emiline – go ahead! Being paired with a total stranger is quite exciting. This way we are forced to look outside our comfort zone.

19. taste memory 28 July 2008 at 3:45 pm #

i truly love making this soup ~ i have a similar recipe. so refreshing for summer and I can see how tasty it would be warmed w. your croque monsieur too!

Did you put a raw quail egg in the centr of the soup? Looks lovely as ever…….

20. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 28 July 2008 at 6:13 pm #

taste memory – the “quail egg” is a frozen ball of olive oil – a great idea I stole from Peter’s blog.

21. Jeanne 29 July 2008 at 7:33 pm #

This looks heavenly – and I love peppadews on pizza! Just be careful that the Mexican Recipe Authenticity Police don’t catch you… 😉

I really must sign up for this event next month – it’s such a great idea.

22. Teresa 3 August 2008 at 5:01 pm #