October 20, 2017

Potato Rosti-Blue Cheese-Caramalized Pears

Posted on August 20, 2008 by in vegetarian

Potato Rosti with Blue Cheese and caramalized Pears

Potato Rosti-Blue Cheese-Caramalized Pears

Potato Rosti with Blue Cheese, Caramalized Pears. I have been reading about this event for a while now and since I am also a serious potato addict, it is about time that I send in an entry. I saw this lovely potato dish on Val’s site : More than burnt toast, and was inspired to get cooking. I do not have much of a recipe.
I made a simple potato rosti with just 2 big grated potatoes, salt and pepper and 1 egg. I sandwiched two rosti’s together with some Blue cheese and served it with a caramelized pear.
This event happens on every third Wednesday of every month and is the brainchild of Cathy of Noble Pig and Krysta over at Evil Chef Mom and is called Potato Ho-Down Wednesday.

I made this same recipe as little finger bites the other night and it was gobbled up in no time! I hope you like it.

Potato Rosti with Blue Cheese and caramalized Pears

Ps. I forgot a crucial part of this post……Please forgive me. This idea is not my own at all. I saw it in a magazine and I went through every one of the magazine in my pile and could not find it anywhere. I only buy Sarie, Food and Homeand Fresh Living. If you by any chance see this in any of these magazines, let me know so that I can give credit where it is due.

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Potato Rosti-Blue Cheese-Caramalized Pears”

1. Mochachocolata Rita 20 August 2008 at 11:39 am #

i’d gobble these up in no time too! they look absolutely tasty!

2. Sylvie 20 August 2008 at 11:42 am #

That definitely elevates the humble rosti to gourmet food!

3. Jeanne 20 August 2008 at 2:09 pm #

Mmm, rosti. I am absolutely addicted to them and *love* the presentation with blue cheese and pear. Inspired!

4. Mike of Mike's Table 20 August 2008 at 3:00 pm #

That’s interesting (I’d never heard of rosti) and it looks like a really sexy way to dress up the humble potato. This looks great!

5. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 20 August 2008 at 3:11 pm #

rita – that’s exactly what everyone did!!

sylvie – I’ll have rosti with pretty much everything.

jeanne – I’m glad I could inspire a pro!!

mike – That’s interesting that you have never heard of this….

6. kat 20 August 2008 at 3:20 pm #

It looks divine!

7. Bellini Valli 20 August 2008 at 3:23 pm #

I would have gobbled this up in no time as well Nina. Roesti (Rosti) are my favourite way with potatoes I think. Thanks for the mention. I’m glad to have inspired this creative dish. I have also mentioned you in a post about a South African dish Sosaties…still to be posted..so watch for it soon:D

8. Janna 20 August 2008 at 4:44 pm #

simply gorgeous!

9. Bridgett 20 August 2008 at 11:11 pm #

Now that is a culinary masterpiece just begging to be devoured. Looks fabulous!

10. That Girl 21 August 2008 at 6:10 am #

Yum for potatoes and blue cheese!

11. cakewardrobe 21 August 2008 at 3:58 pm #

that looks amazing!! LOVE the combo!

12. noobcook 21 August 2008 at 6:28 pm #

gorgeous … especially the topping of the caramelized pear. Yummy!

13. Nikki Miller-Ka 23 August 2008 at 1:21 am #

I think I’m going to have to get some blue cheese right now. I’ve got some pears and some potatoes. Yay to you and to Val for this recipe!

14. Dragon 25 August 2008 at 3:41 am #

Gorgeous and a wonderful entry!!

15. glamah16 25 August 2008 at 4:35 am #

Yumm rosti! And pears and bleau cheese. I’m flying over.

16. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 25 August 2008 at 8:05 am #

kat – it sure was

vali – my pleasure. I read your post about the sosaties, great stuff! Thank you for the mention!

janna- thank you!

bridgette – it was devoured it no time!

that girl – great combo isn’t it?

cakewardrobe – thanks for your visit, I appreciate!

noobcook – It adds that little bit of sweetness to break the saltiness of the dish!

nikki – your halfway there – hurry for the blue cheese!

dragon – thank you!

glamah – I’ll have to make a new batch, this one’s finished!

17. Kevin 27 August 2008 at 1:26 am #

That looks so good! Pear and blue cheese is such a nice combo and combining them with some golden brown potatoes sounds great!

18. Nina Timm 28 August 2008 at 10:01 am #

Kevin – I was amazed that even my children liked this and they do not normally like blue cheese.