September 26, 2017

A Birthday party for our princess!

Posted on November 25, 2008 by in baked goods

Photobucket

This weekend I we celebrated our little one’s 8th birthday. You will therefor understand my absence from your sites. Yesterday I had a slight tummy bug and although I browsed through some of your sites, I did not have the strength or energy to comment.

Back to the party. My daughter wanted to invite 30 friends, which we did and with a few cancellations here and there we ended up with 23 very active 8 year olds. The birthday cake was a tall order, because she wanted a photograph of herself on the cake and it had to be a chocolate cake. After a few phone calls, I found someone who will print her photo on some rice paper, but on my return to fetch the transfer, he decided to add his own personal touch and printed her name at the bottom…..”free of charge for you mam!” I did not have the heart to say that I did not like it, so forgive the “off-center” print at the bottom. This was my first try at a “theme cake”, but Chloe loved it!!!!!
I made a few other odds and ends like: Rice Krispie Cookies, Chocolate squares and pizza. At was a lovely day and fun was had by all!!!!

Tags:

18 Responses to “A Birthday party for our princess!”

1. Rosabela 25 November 2008 at 7:18 am #

The cake looks beautiful and Chloe was happy that she got what she wished for. Happy belated birthday, Chloe!

2. Rosabela 25 November 2008 at 8:11 am #

Hi Nina,
    Thanks for your comment! I’ve been following your blog for several months now (I think since you posted an entry about your parents’ 50th anniversary) and I LOVE the quick recipes that you post! Keep up the great work!!
    rosa

3. Maryann 25 November 2008 at 12:15 pm #

She looks like mommy! Happy Birthday, little one 🙂

4. Rose&Thorn 25 November 2008 at 12:17 pm #

Happy Birthday Chloe! You are a lucky girl to have a Mom who bakes soooo well!
    God Bless.

5. Pam 25 November 2008 at 6:47 pm #

What a beautiful cake for a sweet little girl. I love the picture of her!

My daughter turns 6 in two weeks – it’s crazy how fast they grow up.

6. That Girl 25 November 2008 at 8:40 pm #

Happy Birthday to your princess!!

7. farida 25 November 2008 at 10:59 pm #

Beautiful looking cake! Happy B-day to your little cutie princess!

8. glamah16 25 November 2008 at 11:29 pm #

Look at the princess! I have always wanted to do that that phototransfer onto a cake. Sorry about the lettering, Your piping looks great. Hope you are feeling stronger now.

9. Darius T. Williams 25 November 2008 at 11:39 pm #

Wow – that is one heck of a cake!

-DTW

10. Proud Italian Cook 25 November 2008 at 11:46 pm #

Shes adorable Nina! Happy Birthday to your sweet princess! Hope you’re feeling better too.

11. Bellini Valli 26 November 2008 at 7:44 am #

Very cool!!!

12. Peter M 26 November 2008 at 12:17 pm #

Get well soon and Happy B-day girl!

13. FOODalogue: Meandering Meals and Travels 26 November 2008 at 3:31 pm #

First time visiting your blog. You are a very accomplished photographer with great food photos! Happy Birthday…and Happy Holidays.

14. Nina Timm 29 November 2008 at 11:37 am #

rosabella – I am glad that I have found a new “friend” in the blogosphere!

maryann – she IS like mommy too!!!

rosemary – thank you so much!!!

pam – Yes, I dread the teenage years….

that girl – thank you!

farida – It was not too bad for my first effort, thx!

glamah – it is actually so easy!!!

darius – yip, it is!!

proud italian cook – Oh, she is adorable and I love her so!!

vali – thank you!!

peter m – thank you, I feel much better now!

FOODalogue – thank you, I steal a lot with my eyes and hope for the best!!!!

15. myfrenchkitchen 29 November 2008 at 7:34 pm #

Sorry for your tummy ache…but waht a cutie she is, a real princess!
    Ronell

16. Leslie 2 December 2008 at 5:45 am #

Happy Birthday to the little one!! She is precious! Oh how fast they grow up. I love the cake ..the photo is soooo clear. I dont think the writing looks all that bad!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Jump on making the gingersnaps..they are simple and addicting!

17. Passionate About Baking 2 December 2008 at 10:44 am #

Happy belated bithday to precious little Chloe…the cake looks good & she looks elated! 23!!! Woohoo!!

18. Nina Timm 2 December 2008 at 10:54 am #

my french kitchen – I thought I was biased in thinking that!!

leslie – I will do, I have a couple of catering jobs this week, but after that I’ll make them!

passionate about baking – Thanks so much!