July 23, 2017

Warm bean salad..good on it’s own or a perfect partner for Lamb Chops.

Posted on January 27, 2009 by in vegetarian

Print Friendly

Warm bean salad

Adding beans to your diet is not only a excellent way to bulk up your meals , but it is also extremely good for you and it is so affordable. When I go shopping, I always add a tin or two of beans and keep them in my pantry…they always come in handy when time is your enemy and you need something substantial and nutritious to put on the table.
We’ve had so much starch this weekend, simply because it was just easier to crab a sandwich, burger, pizza and a nibble or taste here and there. Last night I felt like something different and it was then that I found the 2 tins or butter beans in the cupboard. Let me tell you how this meal came together….

Warm bean salad

Warm Bean Salad

4 lamb chops – loin
salt and pepper
dried oregano
2 medium onions – sliced
1 yellow pepper – sliced
1 green pepper – sliced
1 cup cocktail tomatoes
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 tins butter beans – drained
fresh rosemary

Heat a skillet and add the olive oil. Season the lamb chops with salt, pepper and oregano. Pan fry the chops until they have browned nicely, but are still pink on the inside. Remove from the skillet and pour off the excess oil. Throw all the sliced veggies in the pan and toss until slightly caramelized. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes burst open. Add the beans and warm through. Season to taste and serve with your lamb chops.

For more bean recipes, please check out these recipes.

20 Responses to “Warm bean salad..good on it’s own or a perfect partner for Lamb Chops.”

1. Maryann 27 January 2009 at 3:23 pm #

Yummy, Nina 🙂

2. Lori Lynn 27 January 2009 at 4:57 pm #

That sounds like a great meal. I like the way the whole tomatoes look in the dish. Very colorful.
    LL

3. StickyGooeyCreamyChewy 27 January 2009 at 6:08 pm #

It looks really lovely! A perfect dish to accompany some good lamb!

4. Jeanne 27 January 2009 at 6:54 pm #

Beans are great – I don’t know why it took me so long to learn to like them! This salad looks so colourful and delicious and it woudl be perfect in my lunchbox for work the next say 🙂

5. Pam 27 January 2009 at 7:04 pm #

Yum. What a tasty and healthy salad. I always have beans on hand too – they are so versatile.

6. That Girl 27 January 2009 at 7:20 pm #

Looks like we’ve both been very lamb-y lately!

7. Jessy and her dog Winnie 28 January 2009 at 12:20 am #

This looks great, I definitly need to switch it up and eat different foods!

8. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 28 January 2009 at 12:41 am #

Oh boy, Nina, that sounds awesome. I totally agree with you about the beans – they are one of my most favorite foods and so versatile!

9. Nina's Culinary Creations 28 January 2009 at 5:38 am #

Ohh, Nina, glad to here from you. I did a little bit of cleaning and I lost you and others by mistake. I’m here now again. Thank you for the visit…Ya, LOVE is in the air!!!haha
    XO,Nina

10. RecipeGirl 28 January 2009 at 8:45 am #

I feel like beans are filling and perfect for adding to salads at lunch, etc. This does look like a wonderful side dish, and as you mentioned sounds wonderful with lamb!

11. Peter M 28 January 2009 at 5:23 pm #

Us Greeks eat lots of butter beans…Gigantes we call them and I love them so!

12. Fearless Kitchen 28 January 2009 at 5:26 pm #

This is a really inspired side dish! It looks delicious.

13. Nina Timm 28 January 2009 at 5:47 pm #

maryann – it sure was and this is going to be a regular on our menu!!

lori lynn – I like the whole tomatoes too, they are so sweet and adds lots of flavor to the dish!

stickygooeycreamychewy – I did not even have the lamb…

jeanne – oh yes, that will be great!

pam – it is just comforting to know there are always a few tins at hand!

that girl – snap!

jessy – it really is delicious, you should try it!!

jenndz – I know that you often use legumes…..

nina’s culinary creations – Sorry I was a bit busy lately!

recipe girl – I totally agree

peter m – Thx for the reminder!

fearless kitchen – thanks so much!!

14. chuck 28 January 2009 at 8:59 pm #

Warm salads seem to be the rage these days. I’m seeing more and more restaurants making them. I would take a worm salad over a cold one any day. I also love beans, they add a nice flavor and texture. Very nice!

15. Marc @ NoRecipes 28 January 2009 at 11:38 pm #

Looks like a perfect winter salad. I make a similar salad using cooked farro instead of beans.

16. Helene 29 January 2009 at 2:58 am #

Great colors, looks like you want to dive in.

17. Nina's Culinary Creations 29 January 2009 at 10:31 am #

Nina, thank you so much for your visits and nice comments!
    XO, Nina

18. katiez 29 January 2009 at 1:48 pm #

I love beans, and, like you, always try to work more into our diet. And they go so well with lamb! Bookmarked for warm weather (when we have tomatoes)

19. glamah16 30 January 2009 at 2:58 am #

You make it all look so tasty my friend. Beautiful picture.

20. Kevin 30 January 2009 at 6:14 am #

That bean salad looks good! I like to always have a nice collection of beans in my cupboard as well.