July 18, 2018

Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Tart

Posted on March 26, 2009 by in baked goods

Easy tarts are still the topic of today’s post and this time my guests were totally floored by the toppings I used. Making tarts can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.
If you want to make your own pastry, obviously it will take a little more of your time, but with a good quality puff or shortcrust pastry in your freezer, you can have a tasty tart on your table in no time! These easy tarts can make your life so simple. Just keep that roll of puff pastry handy!

Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Tart

1/2 roll puff pastry – thawed( I sued the other 1/2 for the tomato tart in the previous post)
6 black Mission Figs
goat’s cheese
1 egg – slightly beaten for the egg wash
6 strips of bacon
rocket or watercress – I like the peppery taste with the sweet figs

Preheat oven to 200C
Simply cut a cross in each fig and press open with your fingers. Wrap the bacon around the figs. Place them on the puff pastry and brush the pastry with the egg wash. Bake in a hot oven until the pastry is cooked. Now add a little goat’s cheese in every fig and pop it back in the oven to just melt the cheese. Toss some rocket or watercress over the top and enjoy!!

Tags: , , , , ,

24 Responses to “Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Tart”

1. Jan 26 March 2009 at 9:31 am #

Those tarts look amazing! I have to make those – thanks for sharing.

2. My Carolina Kitchen 26 March 2009 at 11:54 am #

Nina, another gorgeous tart. You could write the book on tarts. Maybe you should…..

3. Sophie 26 March 2009 at 12:52 pm #

Nina, yum yum yum,…yet again!! Don’t forget about my award to you: It is the friends award, please, come pick it up at my latest post!!! Why? You can read it there,….!!!!!

4. kat 26 March 2009 at 2:21 pm #

That is a little piece of heaven! I wish it was easier to get figs here. My produce guy says they get too damaged in shipment from CA to sell usually.

5. Ben 26 March 2009 at 3:56 pm #

I love figs and this combination sounds REALLY good. Great presentation 🙂

6. Bellini Valli 26 March 2009 at 4:03 pm #

More delicious tarts Nina…when is the next flight?????

7. Maryann 26 March 2009 at 7:03 pm #

I love these kind of tarts. So versatile and tasty too!
    What’s with all the wrinkle ads?! Are you trying to tell me something? LOL 😉

8. Helene 26 March 2009 at 8:46 pm #

This is great, I love your tarts.

9. lisaiscooking 26 March 2009 at 9:35 pm #

This sounds like a great combination!

10. Corrinne 26 March 2009 at 10:03 pm #

This recipe sounds delicious! And your photo is amazing. I work with Chavrie fresh goat cheese (the pyramid-shaped kind) and the combination of the fig w/ the creamy tang of goat cheese and the salty (yummy) bacon is just great!

11. Kandice 26 March 2009 at 11:14 pm #

Dear Lord. Marry me. My fave things all in one. Yum.

12. megan (brooklyn farmhouse) 27 March 2009 at 4:33 pm #

Beautiful – I just want to eat that tart right up! Especially because it has bacon on it!

13. Daziano 27 March 2009 at 4:53 pm #

Gosh… I love figs!!!!

14. glamah16 27 March 2009 at 5:52 pm #

Always brilliant. I would be floored too. I have some puff pastry in the freezer. You are inspiring me with these 2 tarts. You need to do a book on tarts!

15. Jann 28 March 2009 at 3:20 pm #

What a beautiful site you have! I love all these tarts~

16. Elra 28 March 2009 at 7:48 pm #

What a perfect and delicious combination Nina. I really like this tart, I also love the arugula.
    Cheers,
    elra

17. vincent 29 March 2009 at 5:00 pm #

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action;=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

18. Juno 29 March 2009 at 6:34 pm #

Fabulous recipe and a great photograph. Good luck with the blog awards. Juno

19. Cynthia 30 March 2009 at 4:22 am #

OMG! Girl you torture me every time I really hope you win the SA award because you totally deserve it!

20. Nina Timm 30 March 2009 at 5:34 am #

jan – you’ll be so glad you did!!!

my carolina kitchen – maybe this should be my first ebook!!!Thx for the inspiration!!!

sophie – thanks so much doe the award!!! In am indeed honored.I had a very busy weekend…will post about it today!!!

kat- oh dear…..you can do the same with plums or nectarines!

ben – thanks, coming from a pro like you….I am flattered!

val – I believe there are some flights everyday!!!

maryann – You must see different adds to what I can see…sorry about that!! BTW you cannot age even if you try to…your heart will always be young!!

helene – thanks my friend!

lisaiscooking – oh yes, it is indeed!!

corrinne I’ve learned to love goat’s cheese only recently and now it is a staple on my shopping list!

kandice – I’m taken, but I will make a tart for you to take lovely photos of anyday…I am sure you can make this tart look even more yummee!!

megan – tell me, who do some people not eat bacon??? It just makes everything taste better!!

daziano – yes, they are so sexy to me!!

glamah – I think you ladies have given me the push I needed to start writing!!

jann – thax for the visit, please call again!!

elra – yes, the arugula cuts through the richness of the other ingredients.

vincent – I am on Petit chef already!

juno – thx dear and good luck to you too!!

cynthia – not long to wait, but thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

21. Proud Italian Cook 1 April 2009 at 6:51 am #

Because of you I just bought some puff pastry! BTW, go chek out my blog I did the honest scrap award you gave me.
    Hugs, Marie

22. Kevin 10 April 2009 at 11:34 pm #

That looks really good! Nice presentation!

23. Jeanne 23 April 2009 at 1:27 pm #

Oh, isn’t that just the perfect flavour combination?? I need to spend more time this summer making puff-pastry tarts!

24. Mariza van Zyl 21 June 2013 at 10:11 pm #

Beautiful food! Perhaps you would like to recommend that your readers check the labels of the puff pastry to ensure it contains no hydrogenated fat – nice and healthy need not be mutually exclusive!