October 23, 2017

Easy- Chicken- Recipes – Sweet-and-sour-chicken

Posted on May 19, 2009 by in Chicken

Looking for an easy Chicken recipe????This is it!! Easy, tasty and a family favorite, what more could you possibly want? This is one of those recipes that you just cannot be without. This is a oh-my-word-it’s almost-supper-recipe. Keep some apricot juice in the fridge and you can whip this easy chicken recipe up in no time!

Sweet and Sour Chicken

8 free-range chicken thighs
salt and pepper
1 chopped chili(optional)
1 liter apricot juice.
olive oil
chopped chives

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a pan, big enough to hold all the chicken pieces in one single layer. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken slightly. With skin-side of the chicken up. add the juice and chili to the pan and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down and let the chicken cook until the juice starts to reduce and become thick and sticky. This takes about 30 minutes. Spoon some of the juice over the chicken and serve on brown rice with some veggies!

Ps. Please excuse the “corny” picture. The family was hungry and my daughter thought the basil was a cool addition…..Let’s say we had a “retro” moment!!!

Tags:

22 Responses to “Easy- Chicken- Recipes – Sweet-and-sour-chicken”

1. My Carolina Kitchen 19 May 2009 at 12:54 pm #

Sounds easy as you say. I’m always looking for these kinds of recipes. Thanks Nina.

2. Lorette 19 May 2009 at 1:09 pm #

Just phoned home for the chicken to be taken out the freezer. Thanks Nina! Now I don’t have to sit and wonder what to make for supper.

3. Nina Timm 19 May 2009 at 2:40 pm #

my carolina kitchen – this one will amaze you!

Lorette – let me know what you think!!!

4. Bellini Valli 19 May 2009 at 3:27 pm #

Easy and flavourful work for me Nina:D

5. Pam 19 May 2009 at 4:29 pm #

I think your picture looks great and I think your chicken looks AMAZING. I need to find apricot juice.

6. That Girl 19 May 2009 at 5:21 pm #

Fantastic use for chicken thighs! One day, when we spend the weekend in San Diego again, I’ll take some pictures of our farmer’s markets. They’re fantastic too, but a bit of a drive when we stay with my mom!

7. Elra 19 May 2009 at 6:11 pm #

What an interesting combination. Chili and apricot, this sounds so delicious Nina. I like it that the fact is easy to make as well.

8. Junglefrog 19 May 2009 at 9:28 pm #

What more could we want? Well, a bit of that plate please! Looks delicious!

9. Lorette 20 May 2009 at 2:08 pm #

What a winner! The men in my life, hubby and 2 boys, loved it. I did add some red pepper which I ‘browned’ with the chicken at first. Chopped the chives into some white rice and served with baby marrows with pecorini cheese and steamed carrots. I promise that this will become a week night winner in our house.

10. elly 20 May 2009 at 3:38 pm #

Mmm I love chicken thighs! I always shy away from sweet and sour at restaurants because sometimes the color is scary. hah! Yours looks absolutely delicious, though, and what is not to like about chilies? Mmm.

11. Peter M 20 May 2009 at 5:08 pm #

It’s amazing how what was once considered exotic, untouchable is now made in our kitchen’s with ease and to the delight of the whole family.

The world is not perfect but we are more tolerant of ethnic foods. It’s become the mainstream and I love it.

12. Juliana 21 May 2009 at 1:37 am #

Love the combination of flavors…fruity…the presentation is just amazing. My mouth is watering just to look at the picture. By the way, thank you for visiting my site.

13. Jeanne 21 May 2009 at 2:39 pm #

Aaaaaah, when last did I have sweet & sour chicken?? Heavenly! Love the retro pic 🙂

14. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 21 May 2009 at 6:05 pm #

Wow, this looks beautiful! I haven’t had a dish like this in ages! I love it!

15. Rose&Thorn 23 May 2009 at 8:41 am #

I made you my first stop – and I am so glad I did. That chicken looks great. I can’t wait to get unpacked and start telling of my adventure.
    BTW – The picture is lovely!

16. Dragon 24 May 2009 at 3:05 am #

Easy and gorgeous. Yum!

17. Helene 25 May 2009 at 5:11 am #

You always have those pictures that wants us to eat your meals. Beautiful.

18. Ben 26 May 2009 at 4:45 pm #

Hmm yummy, just mu like of chicken 😀

19. Kevin 21 June 2009 at 3:20 pm #

That chicken looks so tasty!

20. panlasangpinoyrecipes 29 August 2014 at 4:41 pm #

i like all chicken recipe here..

21. Lou 7 May 2015 at 3:56 pm #

I’m finding it hard to find apricot juice, would any other juices work do you think?

• nerinatimm 10 May 2015 at 5:54 am #

I think you get a peace/apricot mix that can also work. Check out the Liqui-fruit flavors!