June 27, 2017

Chocolate Easy Sauce and hot – great combination when making dessert!

Posted on June 21, 2010 by in desserts

Print Friendly

Chocolate Easy Sauce

Chocolate easy sauce and hot are all words that comes to mind when I dream of desserts. If all those words are combined into the same dessert, I am a one happy cook!I can also tell you which words I do not think about when planning to make desserts and those are low-fat, wholewheat, no-sugar and dairy free.
Chocolate Easy Sauce. Maybe that is why I keep desserts for special occasions, times when I can justify puddings with descriptive words like decadent, delicious, over-the-top and down-right irresistible……
Chocolate Easy Sauce. Such a pudding is this Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding. Never in your wildest dreams can you imagine that such simple ingredients can become such a delicious treat. I had self-saucing chocolate pudding before but it lacked that intense dark chocolate flavor. I needed to change the recipe somewhat. I was after more chocolate and dark chocolate specifically. The recipe that I tried previously, just asked for ordinary cocoa powder so I knew for that dark chocolate flavor, I needed to use a better quality cocoa powder. I got that taste from Nomu Cocoa and I was right, it made the world of difference in the taste and consistency of the sauce. I also increased the amount of cocoa powder. The result was a dark, thick chocolate sauce that satisfied my worst winter chocolate craving …….Try it, you will not be disappointed!

Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding

250ml (1 cup) flour, sifted
5ml (1teaspoon) baking powder
185ml (¾ cup)  Brown Sugar
75ml (5 Tablespoons) cocoa, sifted
125ml milk
30g (2 Tablespoons) butter or brick margarine, melted
165ml (⅔ cup)Brown Sugar or Treacle Sugar for a richer sauce
60ml (4 Tablespoons) cocoa, sifted (extra)
300ml hot water

Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa into a mixing bowl.Slowly stir in the milk and butter and beat with a wooden spoon until it is smooth.Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 1½ litre ovenproof pudding dish or make individual puddings in smaller ramekins. Combine the sugar and cocoa in a jug and gradually add the hot water, stir till smooth, then gently pour over the top of the pudding. Place the dish on an oven tray.Bake at 180ºC for 30 – 35 minutes or until the pudding has risen and is firm to the touch. When ready to serve, make a small hole in the middle of the pudding and let the cream just flow!!. Dust with a little sifted icing sugar just before serving. Chocolate heaven!

Twitter follow me button Paella made to perfection!

Facebook follow me button Paella made to perfection!

youtube

13 Responses to “Chocolate Easy Sauce and hot – great combination when making dessert!”

1. Packaging Shop 21 June 2010 at 5:06 pm #

This is something to celebrate with!! I will be right home!! Lots to celebrate!! The new shop made its first big sale today and things are looking good!!
    Luv Ya-THE husband

2. Nina Timm 21 June 2010 at 5:09 pm #

Oh my word, well done!!!! Brandt kos awaiting!!!

3. Marisa 21 June 2010 at 5:26 pm #

As a chocolate-lover this will definitely please me! It's true about Nomu – makes a world of difference, doesn't it?

4. SavoringTime in the Kitchen 21 June 2010 at 6:33 pm #

You are speaking my language with this recipe!

5. gaby866 21 June 2010 at 9:44 pm #

this is just perfect !! thanks so much will print and stick on my fridge for making on the weekend !!
    🙂

6. Jessica 22 June 2010 at 5:06 am #

This desert looks heavenly! So tell me…how long did it last? ;-D It wouldn't last long around me, I can tell you that much. I will have to try this recipe.

jessyburke88@gmail.com

7. baby cribs 22 June 2010 at 1:41 pm #

This is a pretty easy dessert to make. I can't wait to try this one. I probably would love to make this everyday.

8. bellini valli 22 June 2010 at 3:23 pm #

I love self-saucing pudding. It satisfies my sweet craving every time whether it is caramel, chocolate or lemon.

9. Lori Lynn 24 June 2010 at 1:20 am #

The name self-saucing is really neat. They look self-indulgent.
    I'd like one for my-self!

Happy Winter Nina!
    LL

10. Rose&Thorn 25 June 2010 at 10:19 am #

I have this exact pudding recipe. It was the first pudding I made for my first dinner party after getting married. It is never fail in taste, texture and an all round crowd pleaser!

11. Jeanne @ CookSister! 1 July 2010 at 7:31 pm #

LOL – I think I have this exact recipe too!! It's a total winner. love your presentation!

12. Anonymous 16 July 2012 at 12:20 pm #

it looks yummy!! is is possible to make the batter and leave for about 2 hours before baking?

13. Nina Timm 18 July 2012 at 7:31 pm #

I think it is possible to let batter stand, maybe just pour water over at last minute.