May 26, 2019

Chinese Stir fry

Posted on February 12, 2008 by in vegetarian

After last night’s disaster I was a bit deflated and seriously lacked inspiration for tonight’s meal, but after I spent some time in the kitchen earlier this morning, some ideas came up and I thought …let’s do a healthy noodle stir fry!

I got some snap peas and broccoli florets this morning and had some red and yellow peppers in the fridge which I stir fried with chopped ginger and garlic. I cooked the noodles, added it to the veggies and added some soy and fish sauce. I did not have toasted sesame seeds and it was definitely a miss in the final product. I added some chopped chili to my stir fry, but the rest of the family had theirs without. The verdict….all empty plates, so I think I did alright!

(I also think that real Chinese egg noodles would have been a better option, but I was not going to make a special trip to the store just for that, so I used linguine.)

It is a wonderful way to get your children to eat veggies, such as broccoli and capsicum which they don’t normally like. My children struggled so with the chopsticks that they ate the veggies with no fuss at all.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Chinese Stir fry”

1. Cooking and the City 12 February 2008 at 10:22 pm #

looks delicious thanks for sharing 🙂

2. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 12 February 2008 at 10:26 pm #

It was, thanks for dropping by.

3. african vanielje 13 February 2008 at 1:25 am #

Nina, this look delicous! Andeating it with chopsticks too!!

4. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 13 February 2008 at 5:08 am #

African Vanielje – thanks for dropping by and the compliment. The chopsticks just added the fun element to the meal, I cheated though, by using a fork.
    Thx

5. Rose&Thorn 13 February 2008 at 12:40 pm #

I love stir frys, you can never go wrong.

6. Maryann 13 February 2008 at 4:12 pm #

The photos with the noodles are great! I’m wanting this and it’s still morning 🙂

7. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 13 February 2008 at 4:27 pm #

Why not have it Maryann, my daughter(in photo) would gladly have leftovers for breakfast.

Thanks for dropping in.

Nina

8. eatme_delicious 13 February 2008 at 6:00 pm #

Thanks, now I’m going to be craving noodles all day! These look delicious.

9. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 13 February 2008 at 7:36 pm #

Wow, this looks great. I am ready for lunch and I would so love a bowl of this right now!

10. eliza 15 February 2008 at 12:52 am #