July 19, 2019

Crunchies with a nutty crunch….

Posted on May 8, 2008 by in baked goods

My son has got a serious sweet tooth and he is forever raiding the cupboards, looking for something to eat. If I stock up on sweets and chocolates, he will only eat that so I am trying to buy less and less of the stuff. So yesterday I decided to bake crunchies, but halfway through the recipe realized that I do not have enough hazelnuts…oops! Needless to say…I made these crunchies with some almonds, walnuts and a few chocolate chips..The original recipe for Hazelnut crunchies is to be found here.

Tags: , ,

12 Responses to “Crunchies with a nutty crunch….”

1. Mochachocolata Rita 8 May 2008 at 7:04 am #

i am crunching here…crunch crunch!

2. Peter M 8 May 2008 at 10:57 am #

Nina, be careful what you wish for, your son will be asking you to make treats like this all the time!

3. canarygirl 8 May 2008 at 12:38 pm #

Yum! And such pretty styling, too! Peter’s got a point, too. lol 🙂

4. Daziano 8 May 2008 at 1:40 pm #

YUM! I always have to have some crunchiness during the day!

5. Jan 8 May 2008 at 3:37 pm #

Nina as always your recipes look delish!

6. ovenhaven 8 May 2008 at 6:17 pm #

Oh, any chance I can raid your cupboard and sneak me some of these crunchies? They look wonderful!

7. That Girl 8 May 2008 at 10:45 pm #

I diiiiiid just buy some hazelnuts…

8. Jessy and her dog Winnie 8 May 2008 at 10:52 pm #

Yum! Crunchies is a cool name hehe. Crunch crunch!

9. Peter G 9 May 2008 at 12:02 am #

They look amazing Nina…so perfectl styles and photographed too!

10. Vicarious Foodie 9 May 2008 at 2:19 am #

These look so yummy and pretty! I think that a variety of nuts probably tastes even better than just hazelnuts alone.

11. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 9 May 2008 at 7:40 am #

rita – My husband hates crunching in his ear…he’ll give this one a miss.

peter m – I’m afraid it is too late, Peter. I am one of those sucker-for-punishment-moms.

canary girl – I will hopefully in the near future do a food styling course, because it is not something that comes naturally for me. I appreciate your encouraging comment.

daziano – this is such an easy recipe that you can always have some available.

jan – thank YOU for always visiting.

ovenhaven – if my son leaves any…I can send you some. I think to be safe, rather make your own batch

that girl – the hazelnut version is my favorite.

jessy – isn’t it just too cool

peter g – you know that it is an area where I still need to improve a lot, so your comment means the world to me.

vicarious foodie – you’re right. You can also add some dried cranberries for a more chewy texture.

12. Jeanne 13 May 2008 at 1:05 am #

Crunchies with chocolate chips?? My kinda recipe… Gorgeous pic too!