November 18, 2018

Zucchini fritters

Posted on May 12, 2008 by in vegetarian

I saw this recipe on a fellow SA blogger’s site. Her blog’s name is Rose & Thorn and she loves cooking easy meals for her family. She claims that you can get the fussiest non-veggie eaters to eat veggies by using the vegetables in fritters. I fortunately do not have fussy eaters, but like the idea of fritters for a light lunch. I adapted her recipe slightly, by adding a chopped chili as well as some corn for extra crunch. For the original recipe, click here.

Zucchini fritters
For my adapted recipe, here goes……

1 large potato, peeled and grated
2 big zucchinis, grated
125 ml corn kernels
1 chili, chopped finely
2 eggs.

Place grated veggies in a dry tea towel and squeeze out any excess water. Add beaten eggs and seasoning.
Warm some oil in a skillet and fry spoonfuls of this mixture until brown and delicious. Place on absorbent paper to get rid of some of the oil. Serve with some fresh rocket and sweet chili sauce for dipping.
D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!!!

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Zucchini fritters”

1. RecipeGirl 13 May 2008 at 6:07 am #

Nina- these look great! And the picture is gorgeous 🙂

2. Peter G 13 May 2008 at 6:36 am #

Fantastic fritters Nina…the styling and pic are beautiful. Congrats on the award…very well deserved.

3. Emiline 13 May 2008 at 8:41 am #

Oh wow! That looks crazy good. Congrats on the award!

4. Anonymous 13 May 2008 at 8:57 am #

Wow, I’m so proud to be your sister – now all that – “Wait – first the photograph” before we eat, has paid off. Congrats

5. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 13 May 2008 at 9:08 am #

recipe girl – it was a winner with the whole family, thx.

peter g – isn’t it amazing when a simple recipe turns out to be something special

emiline – thx, grazy you!!!!

anonymous – who’s proud of who now, I’m the lucky one.

6. Anonymous 13 May 2008 at 10:12 am #

Seems to me it goes from one victory to another. Congratulations. Mom

7. Sylvie 13 May 2008 at 11:34 am #

Those fritters look great and congrats on the well deserved award.

8. kittie 13 May 2008 at 12:48 pm #

I love the look of these fritters!

And congrats on the award!

9. Elly 13 May 2008 at 2:37 pm #

These look SO tasty. I love fritters and I really like how these are basically all veg (no flour, etc.). Yum!

10. Peter M 13 May 2008 at 3:40 pm #

Nina, us Greeks are big fans of zucchini fritters. Look, you even have your children chiming in to tout your blog!

11. Daziano 13 May 2008 at 3:51 pm #

Mmmmmm, we Italians love zucchini fritters too!!!

12. Peabody 13 May 2008 at 4:57 pm #

Thanks so much for the award.
    Your fritters look outstanding!

13. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 13 May 2008 at 5:05 pm #

anonymous(mom) – it is quite stressful keeping up with you two.

14. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 13 May 2008 at 6:32 pm #

sylvie,kittie – thank you for the visit and the comment.

elly – yes, you will taste only veg when you bite into it, not even the egg.

peter m – my children carry me on days when blogging is a bit of a schlep.

daziano – Greeks and Italians – looks like I am in good company.

peabody – you deserve it, alright.

15. That Girl 13 May 2008 at 6:52 pm #

I adore zucchini fritters! Next time I make them I am for sure putting corn in their too!

16. farida 13 May 2008 at 11:27 pm #

Nina, you deserve any award in the foodie world!:) You have a fantastic blog here!
    I love zucchini fritters!Yours look delicious. What a great picture!

17. noble pig 14 May 2008 at 12:10 am #

Friiters-I’m all about it. They sound delicious.

Congrats on your award.

18. glamah16 14 May 2008 at 1:21 am #

Another stunning photo!

19. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 14 May 2008 at 5:34 am #

that girl – I even put corn into my mashed potato, just to give it crunch.

farida – blush, blush,blush…

noble pig – thanks, I appreciate your visits.

glamah – I try, oh I try……

20. Marianna 14 May 2008 at 4:33 pm #

Wow,I need to say one thing first- your photos have recently really become more and more amazing! They are instant appetite-openers! Everytime I come + check your blog there is always something delicious going on!!

21. kat 15 May 2008 at 2:12 am #

I love corn fritters so I bet these are wonderful

22. Christie @ fig & cherry 15 May 2008 at 3:43 am #

Fantastic shot! I’m making carrot and parsnip fritters for a dinner party tomorrow night – a craving for fritters must be in the air! 😉

23. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 15 May 2008 at 4:57 am #

marianna – you really inspire me to always do better..

kat – yip, they were…

christie – carrot and parsnip…there’s a flavor combo that sounds delicious.

24. Rose&Thorn 15 May 2008 at 11:02 am #

Great addition with the chilli and corn, I am definitely going to try this soon.

25. Sheila 15 May 2008 at 3:34 pm #

Hi Nina,
    You really know how to make someone’s day :). I’m speechless to read your post. Thank you for the award, and thank you for your nice comment.

Your pictures are fantastic. No wonder you got the award. You deserved it!

It’s nice to know you.

26. Mango Power Girl 16 May 2008 at 9:51 pm #

Thank you for the award 🙂 These fritters look mouth-watering. I wish I could go buy them for lunch right now 🙂

27. Maryann 19 May 2008 at 5:27 pm #

You are a treasure. Congratulations on the award. It is very well deserved. And thank you for passing it on to me. I appreciate it very much.