September 28, 2020

What are YOU snacking on – samoosas

Posted on May 17, 2008 by in snacks

Snack food is my downfall and I am sure many of you have the same problem. MY father has the theory that ,if you only eat the food that you pray for, you will never have weight issues. This statement implies 2 things.
1. If you eat 3 regular meals per day, no problem.
3. If we all sit around the table (not at the TV), pray for our food and relax while we do so, we will also not have a problem.
I wish however that I had this kind of discipline…I believe in eating at the table as a family, as this is where we as a family can share our successes, failures and thoughts. Sometimes just a good laugh….

However, when it comes to snacking…..I am guilty. I am a foodie, I taste, sniff, bite, swallow and enjoy food. I read so many cookbooks and blogs everyday and my mind is constantly stimulated by all the wonderful recipes out there. I read in Dr. Phil’s book, The ultimate weight solution, that an alcoholic cannot work in a bar and a person with weight issues cannot be a chef……quite a thought , don’t you think…
But it is a work in progress and sometimes(most of the time) I fail badly, like yesterday when I had to buy Samoosas for our church fund raiser…. Who can resist a freshly fried(yes…I know, I know..fried..)Samoosa..not me!!

If you want to learn and make it yourself,click here.

I am interested to know what YOU snack on…come on, let it out..Tell is all!!!

23 Responses to “What are YOU snacking on – samoosas”

1. Emiline 17 May 2008 at 8:39 am #

Chex Mix!

2. Sylvie 17 May 2008 at 1:50 pm #

If I’m in a snacky mood, just about anything will do.

3. glamah16 17 May 2008 at 3:53 pm #

I have a severe distrust of really skinny chefs. I mean you know they are not tasting their food. Especially pastry chefs. I like to snack on salty pickly things like olives.Or cured meats and cheeses. I try to keep to 3 meals.

4. kimmy 17 May 2008 at 5:06 pm #

bacon wrapped jalapenos (of course)
    dumplings/wontons
    wedges with sourcream
    crackers & cheese platters,
    antipasto platters (do not put those in front of me or else I’d eat it all)
    olives
    Samosas
    kebabs from asian street markets
    green mangoes in chilli salt
    ….
    i could go on, but i won’t…
    fantastic shot of samosa by the way

cheers

5. Kevin 17 May 2008 at 10:49 pm #

Those samosas look great!

6. Marianna 17 May 2008 at 11:17 pm #

I definately need to try out this recipe- big Indian food fan here.
    I usually snack on pretzels or pumpkin seeds, and I drink litres of Diet Coke in between meals (a habit I am trying to quit).
    I don’t believe in diets and books and what not. My only theory is to eat everything in smaller quantities coupled with doing some sort of sport on a regular basis. I’ve tried a billion things these last few years and nothing works- all it does is build frustration. Just enjoy what you eat, but in moderate amounts!

7. Jan 17 May 2008 at 11:38 pm #

I have just snacked on samosas too! But I snack on just about anything….mostly things with cheese. Mmmmmm

8. Antonio Tahhan 18 May 2008 at 2:55 am #

I certainly can’t resist a freshly fried and fragrant samoosa (especially if they’re as nicely presented as the ones you have). My secret is to try to work out and then eat what I want, but sometimes I do the latter and not the former… that’s when I remind myself that life needs to be lived to the fullest.
    But, in all seriousness, I believe that making everything at home (regardless if it is fried) is already a million times better than eating out.

9. That Girl 18 May 2008 at 7:28 am #

Actually, snacking IS good for you! By eating smaller meals throughout the day you keep your metabolism going. You just have to eat the right kind of snacks!

10. aforkfulofspaghetti 18 May 2008 at 2:33 pm #

I’ve never been a snacker, even when a kid. But these samosas might just prove my undoing…

11. aforkfulofspaghetti 18 May 2008 at 2:33 pm #

This comment has been removed by the author.

12. Aimée 18 May 2008 at 3:15 pm #

If I am hungry, just about anything will do…but some personal favorites are a hunk of cheese, chocolate covered raisins, dried fruit, and pretty much anything sweet.

13. We Are Never Full 19 May 2008 at 2:33 am #

these look great and crunchy!! mmmm… i wish i had great snacks like this to ‘snack’ on. unfortunately, i snack of boring things like raw cashews, wasabi peas and hummus!

14. taste memory 19 May 2008 at 2:59 am #

the stuff I snack on LATELY is quite boring (celery carrots cukes…yawn), but the stuff I love + crave and get into trouble with: piroshkis(Russian turnovers filled w. meat, cheese + veggies and FRIED) and caramel apples + gelato 😉

15. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 19 May 2008 at 5:05 am #

emiline – I had to google chez mix…

sylvie – me too..

glamah – skinny chef…scary sight

kimmy – you have quite a snacking repetoire!

kevin – they were great, that’s the problem, I had too many.

marianna – as I said, it is quite an ongoing issue. You look absolutely beautiful, can’t believe you have a problem.

jan – please don’t get me started on cheese….another downfall.

antonio – thank you for your visit, I love welcoming a new face on my site. I’m not keen on working out…big problem

that girl – now there is the problem – the right kinda snacks.

aforkfullofspagetti – lucky you

aimee – my son is the one with the sweet tooth.

we are never full – I had wasabi peas for the first time a while back – loved them.

taste memory – it is wonderful that you stick to the right snacks, keep going…

16. vandana rajesh 19 May 2008 at 5:26 am #

That looks real yummy.

17. myfrenchkitchen 19 May 2008 at 8:47 am #

Oh, a samoosa is a wonderful thing! And perfect for a snack…so let’s think about weight another day..
    ronell

18. Chloe' 19 May 2008 at 12:55 pm #

Im loving it.Chloe’

19. Nikki Miller-Ka 19 May 2008 at 11:36 pm #

Im a BIG snacker. Nik really does snack. A lot. I love crunchy things. Popcorn is #1 and then corn chips are #2, I think. Then come cookies, vegetables, and then deep-fried items.

Oh! And I do love your samosas. Yum Yum Yum.

20. White On Rice Couple 20 May 2008 at 8:04 pm #

oh my goodness Nina! You’re killing me!
    I want these soooo bad, look at em! The crust, the filling, the flavor that is jumping out off my computer is making me shake. Sigh, I gotta get back to work. My boss is wondering why I’m not finishing my job!

21. Mansi Desai 20 May 2008 at 8:29 pm #

I used to snack on fried food and short cakes and cookies! but with the “get fit” campaign that I have adopted, I now binge on nutrition bars:)

btw Nina, I’m hosting a Monthly Mingle event on my blog this month, and it would be great if you could participate! please check the details here hope to see you there!

22. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 20 May 2008 at 9:06 pm #

nikki – thx for your visit,I also like all those kinds of snacks, but I’m afraid I cannot have them every day.

white on rice couple – even better if you dip them in sweet chili sauce…

mansi desai – I saw the mingle a few days ago and am sure I will give it a go…I’m thinking…

23. Maryann 21 June 2008 at 10:22 pm #

How did I miss this post? It’s a pretty photo and looks delicious. Sorry I’ve been so busy these days..I don’t get around to my favorite blogs 😉