September 23, 2019

Dukkah chicken and Roasted lemons

Posted on May 19, 2008 by in Chicken

I saw these roasted lemons on Lori’s site Recipe girl and knew I had to try them soon. I have lots of lemons at the moment and ….if life hands you lemons…..you have to roast them. I was trying to think what would go with this and got this idea for chicken pieces rolled in Egyptian Dukkah.
I bought my Dukkah from Melissas, but if you feel adventurous and want to make your own, click here for the recipe..

So, for the chicken, I simply seasoned 8 chicken pieces and rolled it in dukkah. Roast in a moderate oven (180 C) until crispy and brown. For the roasted lemons, follow the link to Lori’s site.
To keep this meal wholesome and healthy, I served the chicken with brown rice and roasted butternut mash.

Tags:

15 Responses to “Dukkah chicken and Roasted lemons”

1. Antonio Tahhan 20 May 2008 at 6:02 am #

I love the flavor of roasted citrus!!

2. Antonio Tahhan 20 May 2008 at 6:02 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. glamah16 20 May 2008 at 7:04 am #

What a healthy flavorful dinner. I have to try raosted lemons.

4. Emiline 20 May 2008 at 11:17 am #

Hooray for roasted lemons! This looks awesome! Lori must be on to something.

5. Peter M 20 May 2008 at 1:31 pm #

Simple dishes like this are heightened when there’s attentionto detail…like roasting the lemons. Nice one, Nina!

6. taste memory 20 May 2008 at 3:00 pm #

agree about the roasted lemons….must have been a delicious dinnr, can imagine it w. brown rice + butternut mash ;-P !

7. That Girl 20 May 2008 at 6:50 pm #

I sometimes forget you’re on a different season than I am, but then I see this and thing it sounds like the perfect autumn dinner!

8. White On Rice Couple 20 May 2008 at 7:59 pm #

Oh, dukkah! I’ve been wanting to try this. Thanks for the reminder! I’ll definitely try it with these beautiful and kick butt roasted lemons!

9. Sylvie 20 May 2008 at 8:15 pm #

Great looking dish!

10. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 20 May 2008 at 9:17 pm #

antonio, glamah, emiline – roasted lemons were a new flavor for me up until yesterday, but I will definitely try it more often.

peter m – with a little thought every simple meal can be taken to a new level with just a simple sauce or flavor adjustment.

taste memory – my children fight over the last scoop of butternut mash.

that girl – Oh, I also forget that most of the time.

white on rice couple – those lemons did kick butt alright.

sylvie- thanks for popping in.

11. nicisme 20 May 2008 at 9:49 pm #

Nina – that is so colourful! I can see a roasting lemon craze starting!

12. Steffi 21 May 2008 at 10:24 am #

Sounds delicious and a nice pic!

13. Peter M 22 May 2008 at 3:45 pm #

Roasting lemons give it that perfect balance of sweet & sour. The crust looks awesome…no need for fried chicken here.

14. Kevin 23 May 2008 at 3:36 am #

That looks really good! I have some dukkah that I made a while ago and I have been wanting to try roasting lemons.

15. Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) 23 May 2008 at 5:24 am #

nnicisme – and it wouldn’t be a bad craze after all.

steffi – yep, it was!

peter – you’re right the nuts from the dukkah add a lot of crunch

kevin – good on ya, for making your own dukkah.