September 22, 2019
โ€จ

Camembert, Almonds and Quince

Posted on June 18, 2008 by in cheese

I made this lovely cheese snack last night to quietly, on my own, celebrate all the exciting events of the last few days. First Jenn the Leftoverqueen wrote a beautiful piece about me on her site.I got quite s few new visitors because of this and I am eternally grateful, thanks, Jenn!
Then I was tagged by 2 people for the same MEME. Val from More than burnt toast and Deepa from Passionate Baker both tagged me for a 30 questions MEME.

Janna from Honeyed Hashette surprised me with an E Award. To top it all Sophie from Key Ingredient emailed me to ask if they can post my Milk Tart recipe on their site. Phew!!!!Exciting stuff. My hubby is away on business , so last night I send the children off to LALLA LAND with a story, made my little cheese snack and aimed for the computer to write the MEME and acknowledge the award……..disaster struck. A client phoned to remind me of the 2 dozen cupcakes she needs for her son’s market day today. AAAHHHHH!!!! My kitchen was all cleaned up!! I had to slightly alter my plans for the night and I put the frosting on the last cupcake, just before midnight. So, sorry guys, I will try again today.
In the meantime…..here is another quicky!

Fried Camembert with an Almond Crust and Quinceย

Cut the Camembert into bite-sized wedges. Dip into egg wash, then into flour. Again into the egg wash and finally into some ground almonds. Leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so. Deep-fry until golden and deliciously crunchy. Drain on kitchen towel and serve piping hot with quince jelly and finely chopped iceberg lettuce. Yum!!!

Last, but by no means least, Jeanne from Cooksister took the time to set up a South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory. All bloggers on there is either South Africans blogging from elsewhere in the world or like moi, blogging from the beautiful city of Cape Town. Just click on the cool little widget in my sidebar and see what South Africans have to offer.

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “Camembert, Almonds and Quince”

1. lottery ticket draws 18 June 2008 at 6:03 am #

What a great moment of reading blogs.

2. noble pig 18 June 2008 at 9:14 am #

This sounds undeniabely perfect…so, so good.

3. canarygirl 18 June 2008 at 11:13 am #

OMGAWD, this is one of my favorite appies EVER. Quince is so good, and we sometimes have it with raspberry sauce as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Jeanne 18 June 2008 at 12:38 pm #

Oh can there be anything better than deep-fried camembert?? And with quince jelly… swoooooon.

So glad to hear all about your wonderful recognition – so well-deserved ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Peter M 18 June 2008 at 3:25 pm #

Creative yet simple…love the idea of ground almond crust.

6. Nikki Miller-Ka 18 June 2008 at 3:59 pm #

Congratulations on all of your accolades and recognition as of late.

I love fried cheese! I’m allergic to the almonds, but I’m sure it tastes fantastic. A nice panko crust would be good, yeah?

7. Nikki Miller-Ka 18 June 2008 at 3:59 pm #

Congratulations on all of your accolades and recognition as of late.

8. That Girl 18 June 2008 at 6:30 pm #

What a great idea! And form of fried cheese is welcome in my book.

9. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 18 June 2008 at 6:59 pm #

That looks incredible Nina! ๐Ÿ™‚
    And fried cheese? Is there anything better?

10. Passionate baker...& beyond 19 June 2008 at 3:43 am #

Congrats on the awards & recognition Nina! YAY FOR YOU!!That cheese looks SO GOOD…YUM!!

11. Pannifer's 20 June 2008 at 6:02 pm #

That sounds and looks so good!

12. Lisa 20 June 2008 at 9:56 pm #

Fried cheese is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Very creative recipe. Thanks for this.

13. China girl 13 June 2014 at 6:13 pm #

Just ate something similar in Barcelona and thought “Wow! How can I make this?”. Thanks very much – will try!! Yum!!!!