October 23, 2019

Grilled Organic Lamb and ginger delight

Posted on December 19, 2008 by in lamb

Barbeque, braai (pron: bri), grilling, call it what you like, it is still one of the most favorite ways to prepare meat. If you can find organic spring lamb you have the basis of a feast.

Organic lamb does not need a lot of flavoring or spices, because the flavor is in the meat itself, but I find that dried Greekoregano, rosemary, lemon, salt and pepper pairs well with the lamb.

Serve the lamb nicely seared on the outside and still pink on the inside, make a big bowl of couscous with grilled vegetables or mashed potatoes and some caramelized onions on the side and you will have your guests licking their fingers in no time.

Photobucket

For dessert I have a delightful and easy recipe.

Ginger Delight

Ingredients (serves 4)

250ml fresh cream
8 ginger nut biscuits
8 pitted whole dates – chopped
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
strong coffee – cold – you need about 2tbsp for each dessert.
Kahlua liqueur

Whip the cream and fold in the dates and nuts. Take a stacking ring (the size of the biscuit) and place it on a plate. Place a biscuit in the bottom of the stacking and wet it with some coffee and liqueur (about 1 Tbsp altogether). Now spoon some of the cream filling on top and make sure to get all the air bubbles out. Finally place another biscuit on top and wet again with the coffee and the liqueur. leave int the fridge until you are ready to serve. Remove the stacking ring and decorate the late with some caramel syrup and a sprig of lemon. The flavors are delicious, almost like tiramisu, but just more decadent with the dates and nuts..Try it, go on!!!!!
Photobucket

16 Responses to “Grilled Organic Lamb and ginger delight”

1. Jeanne 19 December 2008 at 1:05 pm #

Oh Nina, I can almost smell those lamb chops!! Did you buy the whole rack and slice them yourself? The flavours are my favourites. I love braaied lamb chops so much I seldom want to eat them any other way 🙂

Love the dessert – those are such great flavours too. And you’ve just reminded me of a cheat’s ginger mousse my mom used to make 🙂

2. Bellini Valli 19 December 2008 at 4:27 pm #

The entire meal sounds amazing from start to finish. I adore lamb chops and am always looking for different flavour combinations.

3. Peter M 19 December 2008 at 5:25 pm #

The dessert is exquisite but I’m falling for your lamb chops…with Greek oregano, of course!

4. Pam 19 December 2008 at 8:52 pm #

What a beautiful meal…it all looks so good. The ginger delight is making me drool.

5. That Girl 19 December 2008 at 9:26 pm #

Lamb is always a special occasion meal here

6. Megan 20 December 2008 at 6:29 am #

I saw the photo of the ginger delight on tastespotting and had a feeling it had ginger in it-happy to see it does! Looks delicous!

7. Helene 20 December 2008 at 7:03 am #

Oh my, what a wonderful meal for a special occasion.

8. RecipeGirl 20 December 2008 at 4:14 pm #

Lamb is my absolute favorite. It looks like you have cooked that perfectly!

9. Emily 20 December 2008 at 9:37 pm #

Wow, the lamb with the rosemary looks crazy-good. Such a perfect pairing, don’t you think?

Wish I could have been there for dinner.

10. Marianna 21 December 2008 at 2:20 am #

wow, could things get any better??? amazing lamb dish and amazing dessert… this is all very inviting!! lovely work!

11. Janna 22 December 2008 at 6:39 pm #

I have not eaten yet today and these pictures made my tummy grumble! You and your concoctions always look and sound AMAZING! Yum!

12. Lori Lynn 23 December 2008 at 7:49 pm #

Both presentations of lamb look fabulous. I think I am leaning towards the caramelized red onions however.

And your dessert, how pretty, and unique too. You always have such great ideas…

Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas Nina!

LL

13. mikky 24 December 2008 at 6:03 am #

what a meal!!! happy holidays… 🙂

14. Snooky doodle 24 December 2008 at 6:42 pm #

wow great dished! I m drooling! I especially like the dessert. Son easy and sophisticated at the same time. Well done!
    Happy Christmas to you too! Wish you all the best 🙂

15. Kevin 30 December 2008 at 5:47 am #

e lamb looks really tasty! Desert looks so good. I like the dates folded into the cream!

16. Maggie 15 January 2009 at 10:20 pm #

Beautifully grilled lamb but the dessert really sound awesome! My husband si a huge fan of dates and would love it.