September 22, 2019

Pork-fillet-with-a-creamy-mushroom-and-sweet-wine-sauce

Posted on February 4, 2009 by in pork

pork-fillet-with-a-creamy-mushroom-and-sweet-wine-sauce

Pork fillet with a creamy mushroom and sweet wine sauce, I love pork and although some people might be freaked out by this, we have pork at least once or twice a month. My favorite cut has always been the neck chop, but when I want something a little bit more formal, my choice of pork is fillet. It has no visible fat, good for portion control and I think very good value for money.

Pork fillet with a creamy mushroom and sweet wine sauce. I am catering for two big functions again this weekend so there is no time for elaborate recipes. Pork fillet  is ideal, because it cooks super fast and gives you just enough time to make this lovely Mushroom sauce.

pork-fillet-with-a-creamy-mushroom-and-sweet-wine-sauce

Pork Fillet with creamy mushroom sauce

Ingredients (4 servings)

800gr pork fillet – trimmed and cut into portion sizes (4x200gr)
any rub of choice – I used a garlic, herb and pepper rub
a little salt
olive oil

Preheat oven to 180C.
Sprinkle the rub on a piece of plastic wrap and roll the fillet in the rub until evenly coated.Heat a skillet until smoking hot, add the olive oil and brown the pieces of fillet on all sides. Finish cooking the fillet in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes(no raw pork for me!) No make the sauce!

250g white mushrooms – cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup white wine
2 Tbsp sweet wine
salt and pepper to taste
15ml cornstarch
250ml cream or non-dairy “cream”

After you have removed the fillet from the skillet, de-glaze the pan with the white wine. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Mix the corn starch with a little water and then with the cream. Add to the pan and stir. If the sauce is too thick add a dash more wine. Season with salt and pepper and finally add the sweet wine. Mix keep aside. When the fillets have cooked, slice and serve on a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes and spoon over the sauce. I served sauteed leeks with my meal!

25 Responses to “Pork-fillet-with-a-creamy-mushroom-and-sweet-wine-sauce”

1. Nina's Culinary Creations 4 February 2009 at 10:01 am #

Hello Nina, I love this too, looks
    very delicious! Thanks for the comments on my blog!

2. Bellini Valli 4 February 2009 at 10:22 am #

Pork fillet tenderloin us perfect for BBQ’s too. I love the mushroom sauce:D

3. Rose&Thorn 4 February 2009 at 12:18 pm #

You won my heart when you said “pork”. I love pork and like you I think the neck chop is the best.
    I heard yesterday that port fillet has less fat than salmon! So it is health food that tastes great.
    As for value for money, you can seldom beat pork for that – imagine trying this with beef – you would need a second bond!

4. Elra 4 February 2009 at 6:41 pm #

Nina,
    This is really sounds delicious. Oink…oink…
    Cheers,
    Elra

5. That Girl 4 February 2009 at 8:23 pm #

For a while there was a huge American ad campaign pushing “Pork: The Other White Meat.” I think that really helped people to see the health benefits in pork.

6. Sara 4 February 2009 at 9:53 pm #

Looks delicious, I am making pork for dinner tonight! My chops are brining right now.

7. Helene 4 February 2009 at 10:01 pm #

This is a great recipe. We eat pork too. Good luck with the catering.

8. Pam 4 February 2009 at 10:19 pm #

I love pork too! This looks so fancy and delicious – the sauce sounds fantastic.

9. Snooky doodle 4 February 2009 at 11:16 pm #

oh this looks delicious. I love mushroom sauce

10. Jessy and her dog Winnie 5 February 2009 at 2:12 am #

This looks fabulous!

11. Nina Timm 5 February 2009 at 5:22 am #

nina’s culinary creations – love visiting your site!

bellini Valli – I totally agree!!!

rose – yeah!! no guilt then?

elra – I thought so too, thx!

that girl – so , what you are saying is that we can have it more than twice a month!

sara – sounds delish!

helen – Thx Helen, I need this!!

pam – tha sauce was delicious and complimented the pork so well!

snooky doodle – is there anybody out there who does not like it?

jessy – thx for popping in!

12. elly 6 February 2009 at 2:10 am #

Mmm this looks perfect. I love anything with a mushroom sauce, especially a creamy one! 🙂

13. MorenaTejana 6 February 2009 at 5:47 am #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo!! Wow!! I love how it shows the contrast in velocity in your movements and the dish. The plate sits there patiently waiting for more of your adornments. So nice.

14. glamah16 6 February 2009 at 8:32 am #

I’m not freaking out that you eat pork twice a month. Seems normal to me. Pork is so versartile and this looks wonderful. Take it easy , but glad to see you are busy!

15. Nina Timm 6 February 2009 at 1:17 pm #

morena tejana – I have to give all credit to my husband…he is the one behind the lens, but I will convey the message! Too bad, Foodgawker does not like these photos, they reject it everytime!
    Thx for visiting my site!!!

16. Maryann 6 February 2009 at 9:23 pm #

Great shot!

17. Sylvie 7 February 2009 at 6:09 pm #

Pork is great when it’s cooked properly. This sounds great and I really like your picture.

18. Lori Lynn 7 February 2009 at 11:28 pm #

Your pork and mushroom sauce sounds great Nina, and I really love that photo with the action!
    LL

19. My Carolina Kitchen 8 February 2009 at 2:44 pm #

Your pork with mushrooms sounds great and your pictures are gorgeous. What kind of sweet wine did you use? Sometimes we use sweet vermouth in recipes with good success.

20. jesse 9 February 2009 at 8:49 pm #

This looks supremely comforting. Mmm, thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

21. Jeanne 10 February 2009 at 7:04 pm #

I agree 100% – pork fillet is your best friend for entertaining. It has just enough of the wow factor, it’s cheap and it’s delicious 🙂 Yours looks fab!

22. Julie 13 February 2009 at 4:25 am #

Your pork eating frequency doesn’t freak me out at all…I LOVE some pork and this dish looks fabulous!

23. Kevin 13 February 2009 at 4:57 am #

Pork with a creamy mushroom sauce sounds great!

24. Sophie 15 February 2009 at 10:33 am #

This sounds like a special dinner to my eyes! MMmmmmm….. I love evrything with pork! yum:)!!

25. Nick 23 February 2011 at 11:41 am #

I know this thread is long dead, but I ended up here and so might other people, so I'll add an observation: the cornstarch isn't really necessary. Cream is already a good consistency and you can thicken it if you need to by cooking it down.