October 21, 2020

My easy Tarts…guaranteed every time!

Posted on March 24, 2009 by in baked goods

My easy tarts are real show stoppers………If you have visitors over and you want to serve something really tasty and super-easy to make, these tarts are just what you are looking for. I guarantee that if you present these delicious tarts straight out the oven…it will stop any conversation, be it politics, economy, children or just plain gossiping.

What makes my easy tarts so amazing is that you can be so creative and invent your own flavor combinations. I have simply used whatever I had available in fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs.

Here is a list of ingredients that I always keep…….for those unexpected guests!

-Frozen Puff Pastry
-Cheese – keep one or two interesting cheeses. I like to have goat’s cheese, brie, camembert and feta
-fresh herbs – grow your own and use whatever is ready to use
-vegetables – sometimes “last night’s leftovers” makes the most amazing toppings
-fruit in season – plums, figs, tomatoes, apple(good with blue cheese), peaches

Tomato, Blue Cheese and Potato Tart

2 Baked potatoes from last night’s dinner
truss tomatoes
blue cheese
1 roll puff pastry – thawed
egg wash – 1 egg beaten

Simply arrange your toppings on the pastry.Brush pastry with egg wash and bake in a hot oven until pastry is brown. If you have a vegetable that still needs to cook completely, I suggest you bake the tart for a while without the cheese and then add the cheese in the last 5 minutes of baking. After baking, add a sprigs of herbs and serve piping hot. This is perfect for snacks, but you can also make individual tarts and serve it with a side salad for a light lunch! Enjoy

my easy tarts

Tags: , , , ,

15 Responses to “My easy Tarts…guaranteed every time!”

1. Snooky doodle 24 March 2009 at 11:12 pm #

oh these tarts look awesome! They ll surley be a sucess πŸ˜‰

2. Elra 24 March 2009 at 11:12 pm #

Such a favorite of mine NINA, I must try the one with potato next time.
    Cheers,
    elra

3. Bellini Valli 25 March 2009 at 2:50 am #

Your tarts really are a showstopper Nina!!! I amke something similar with goats cheese, tomatoes and basil..a hit as well.

4. Maryann 25 March 2009 at 3:50 am #

Well then, I’ll make the popcorn, you put on the Shirley Valentine DVD!

5. Helene 25 March 2009 at 4:32 am #

That tart would be a success with any visitors. So beautiful.

Congratulations for the awards!

6. Sophie 25 March 2009 at 10:03 am #

Hello Nina,

I just gave you an award!!! The friends award!! Why?? check out my latest post: my 3rd award!! Congrats on your 2 well deserving awards!!!

7. Peter M 25 March 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Guaranteed but can you guarantee delivery? lol

Shirley Valentine is a fun movie about life and Greece, just hope your husband doesn’t know it’s your inspiration to go to Greece! πŸ˜‰

8. My Carolina Kitchen 25 March 2009 at 1:10 pm #

Your tart looks like it came from a pastry shop. Amazing you made it from simple ingredients. Now this one I think I could make.

I’m envious that you can blog uninterrupted. My husband says I hog the computer. Your blog truly deserves to be called Fabulous in every way. The Honest Scrap award is darling. Being honest is a good thing.

I’ve voted and confirmed your blog for the SA blog awards – used every email address I had. Fingers crossed for you but you’re a shoe-in.

9. kat 25 March 2009 at 3:54 pm #

Oh yeah these are a good thing

10. Claudia 27 March 2009 at 4:56 am #

Oh gorgeous tarts! Stunning! I’m hungry.

11. Proud Italian Cook 27 March 2009 at 6:32 am #

You are the tart queen Nina, always beautiful!! I will definitly do your 10 honest things, just give me a little time to think about it. I’ll let you know when I post it.
    xox, Marie

12. Junglefrog 31 March 2009 at 7:53 pm #

O my goodness that tarts looks good!! I’ve just bookmarked the recipe as I really would like to try this one! Great photos too!

13. Nina Timm 2 April 2009 at 6:19 pm #

NINA,NINA,NINA !!!!!
    WHAT A TART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$
    LOVE ChloeTimm

14. Jeanne 23 April 2009 at 1:30 pm #

Well done on the awards – and wow – yes, that tart would certainly stop my conversation in its tracks… because I would be too busy eating to talk!