September 22, 2019

Cheese and Jam – a match made in heaven!!

Posted on April 1, 2009 by in cheese

Cheese Bites are one of my favorite snacks and it is a wonderful lunchbox filler. I love the combination of cheese with fruit…think blue cheese with pear, camembert with grapes, figs with goat’s cheese …heck I even made a prickly pear and cottage cheese salad!!! This time it is cheddar with apricots…..apricot jam that is!

What makes the dough for these biscuits so incredible, is that it works perfectly for a quiche base as well as cheese straws. So double up the recipe and make all these wonderful treats in one go!!!

Cheese Biscuits with Jam
1 cup flour
120gr butter- room temperature
1 cup strong cheddar – grated
1 tsp dry mustard
a pinch of salt

apricot jam

Preheat oven to 180C
Mix all the ingredients until the dough comes together. Roll in balls(large grape-size). Take the back end of a wooden spoon and make a small “hole” in the biscuit. Fill with a little apricot jam and bake the biscuits for about 10-12min or until golden brown. Take caution not to use too much jam..it will “spill” over and make the biscuits look horrible.

Photobucket

Last week I received an award from a new blogging friend of min, Sophie from Sophies Foodiefiles. Sophie blogs from Belgium and she brightens my days with her positive comments and warm and kind spirit. She cooks the most delicious meals and I LOVE visitng her site!!
It is the Friends award and it comes with this message!

” These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self – aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. It also says : ” Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who must choose 8 more & include this cleverly written text into the body of their award. “

I would like to pass this award on the my “new” friends at Food24. Please go and check their beautiful sites and leave them some comments!!! They are:
Kitchen Diary
Faridah’s Flavors
Add to taste
Wots for lunch
Mint Tea and Tagine
Chew on this
Cinnamon
A spoonful of sugar

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Cheese and Jam – a match made in heaven!!”

1. Lisa 1 April 2009 at 11:46 pm #

Just gorgeous. I love making baked cheese treats and the combination with the fruit is a winner!

2. Pam 2 April 2009 at 1:42 am #

Oh Nina…I could eat a bunch of those cheese bites – they look mouth watering good.

3. Maryann 2 April 2009 at 2:53 pm #

I would eat WAY too many of these, my friend 🙂 Congrats on your award. You are a wonderful friend to all 🙂

4. Sophie 2 April 2009 at 3:36 pm #

MMMMM…Cheesy cookies with jam, I have never made that combination!! Again congrats on your well deserved recent award & enjoy it!!
    And congrats to the others too!!!!

5. lisaiscooking 2 April 2009 at 3:44 pm #

That sounds like a great combination! I’d love to try one right now.

6. That Girl 3 April 2009 at 4:29 am #

You would be oh so jealous of my dinner of jarlsberg and peaches!

7. Donna-FFW 3 April 2009 at 5:15 am #

These cheese bites sound absolutely fantastic. I would bet they pair well with so many thing. My first time to your blog, I enjoy it very much!

8. Junglefrog 3 April 2009 at 8:18 am #

They look delicious Nina! I love the combination of cheese and fruit as well. It’s one of the best combo’s out there! I’m curious to hear about the garlic spaghetti! Hope you liked it!

9. The Clever Pup 3 April 2009 at 2:26 pm #

Wow, I’m salivating and it’s only 8 in the morning. A favourite snack for me is raspberry jam, cream cheese in a tortilla.

Another completely perverse meal I make for myself is angel hair pasta, topped with spicy peanut sauce with the tangiest grated cheese I have. It’s delish.

10. Helene 3 April 2009 at 6:40 pm #

Oh my, they look so yummy. What a great combo.

11. megan (brooklyn farmhouse) 4 April 2009 at 6:32 pm #

You always have such great ideas – I love the sound of these!

12. glamah16 6 April 2009 at 10:55 pm #

They do look good.

13. Kevin 10 April 2009 at 11:34 pm #

I really like the sound of savoury cheese biscuits with jam!

14. Jeanne 23 April 2009 at 1:21 pm #

I've always loved the jam & cheese combo (OK, I admit I was known to make a sandwich where one half was spread with Bovril, the other with apricot jamm, and a slice of cheese in the middle!!) – so these look like a little piece of heaven!