December 7, 2019

Caramelized oranges cheese crackers and goats cheese

Posted on August 18, 2009 by in cheese

Caramelized oranges cheese crackers and goats cheese

Caramelized oranges cheese crackers and goats cheese. I am all for easy desserts, the kind of recipes that you can prep before the time and after your meal, all you have to do is just assemble and serve!!! With an abundance of citrus fruit at the markets, it just makes sense that I should incorporate oranges in my desserts.
Caramelized oranges cheese crackers and goats cheese.The 2 main elements of this dessert is first of all the caramelized orange slices and secondly the cheese crackers. Both these elements are super easy to make and can be made in advance. First I will give you the recipe for the cheese crackers.

Cheese Crackers

200gr flour
150gr mature cheddar – grated
pinch of salt
pinch of per-peri
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
125gr butter – melted
dry seeds – I used black sesame seeds

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a easy-to-handle dough! Form a long sausage and roll in some seeds of your choice. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until needed.

Pre-heat the oven to 190 C. Bake these biscuits for about 10 minutes and serve with a cheese of your choice.

Caramelized Orange Slices

2 oranges – sliced thinly, I prefer to leave the peel on!
125gr caster sugar
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
a knob of butter

Heat a heavy base saucepan and add the caster sugar. Let the sugar caramelize and add the butter. Add the orange slices and let them caramelize on both sides. Serve with the cheese crackers-and some goat’s cheese. Delicious!!!!

Twitter follow me button Paella made to perfection!

Facebook follow me button Paella made to perfection!

youtube

Tags: , ,

22 Responses to “Caramelized oranges cheese crackers and goats cheese”

1. Rose&Thorn 18 August 2009 at 12:50 pm #

what a delight – and yes I can't stop eating either. Keith asked me last night if I thought I was going on trip soon where they would be serving food for a month!

2. Wendy T 18 August 2009 at 3:20 pm #

Looks delicious as usual!!! I have been looking for a recipe for crackers, will definitely give it a try….also spotted your bacon, fig and goats cheese tart which looks yummy!!! 🙂

3. Bellini Valli 18 August 2009 at 3:33 pm #

Beautiful photos as always Nina that draw our eye to your delicious recipes.

4. Pam 18 August 2009 at 6:02 pm #

I've never had caramelized orange slices before. The crackers look so pretty with the sesame seeds on them.

5. Elra 18 August 2009 at 6:23 pm #

NINA dear,
    I am sold on our cracker. Bookmarking this!

6. My Carolina Kitchen 18 August 2009 at 10:35 pm #

I'm a big fan of easy desserts. I love these cheese crackers – so pretty with the black sesame seeds. I bet they are wonderful with the creamy goat cheese.

7. Junglefrog 18 August 2009 at 10:44 pm #

O you made your own cheese crackers! Love them! I think cheese as a dessert is the absolute best. Easy and soooo tasty, but in a lot of cases I just think a bit too heavy. This with goatcheese however sounds delicious!

8. lisaiscooking 19 August 2009 at 12:00 am #

This sounds like a great dessert. Your crackers look delicious!

9. Ellie 20 August 2009 at 1:29 am #

Your crackers looks so delicious and I like the caramelised oranges. A wonderful combinations.

10. Jan 20 August 2009 at 8:43 am #

Oooh they look amazing – I will have to give these a go but mine wont ever look as good as yours.

11. Emily 20 August 2009 at 9:01 pm #

Oooh wow. I love all of these flavors together. Looks terrific!

12. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 20 August 2009 at 11:01 pm #

I love the black sesame seeds on the crackers. They look wonderful.

13. Daziano 21 August 2009 at 5:32 pm #

Those cheese crackers look so good, and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

14. That Girl 22 August 2009 at 9:31 pm #

I've been living off of goat cheese this past week, there's a farm on Kauai that makes the bestest most mildest cheese!

15. momgateway 23 August 2009 at 10:01 pm #

Thanks for the cheese cracker recipe, I've been on the lookout for it for some time. Lovely blog!

16. Christie @ Fig & Cherry 24 August 2009 at 8:36 am #

I love this Nina! I'm imagining this course after a roast duck. Delicious!

17. Peabody 27 August 2009 at 5:21 am #

Those crackers sound wonderful. I bet they are awesome with cheese.

18. ren 31 August 2009 at 1:21 pm #

I use parmesan cheese here, but can't wait to try yours.I love yur blog.Am from CT but married to an Italian and live in Italy now.Maybe you will enjoy my blog too.www.2friends4cooking.com.

19. Amy Johnson 3 September 2009 at 3:50 pm #

Famous Recipe Newsletter
    recipeguides.blogspot.com

I posted a great recipe in my link. It's a dessert recipe.
    This is a new recipe I recently found,
    I made it for a family dessert
    the entire family enjoyed it very much.
    Very nice blog you have here, I appreciate good blog content!
    Your followers will love this link.

20. merlie 25 September 2009 at 2:30 pm #

Hi! Your blog is simply super. you have create a differentiate. Thanks for the sharing this website. it is very useful professional knowledge. Great idea you know about company background. Customized application development

21. Jeanne 12 October 2009 at 1:19 pm #

what a feast for the eyes! And yes, let's hear it for desserts that you can whip up in 5 minutes flat.

22. Aparajayah 4 January 2011 at 1:25 pm #

your blog design is nice…
    awesome posting..