December 6, 2019

Quesidillas – Beef, Avo and Corn

Posted on August 24, 2009 by in beef

Quesidillas, when made properly, is a delight to eat. It is easy to make, gentle on the pocket and you can have your meal in less than 10 minutes….
However, there are few things I hate more than to bite into a a quesidilla, expecting to eat something gooey and soft and then having to deal with a chewy piece of steak!!!!
I have tried to marinade my meat, bought well-matured steak, but still I was not getting satisfactory results.I saw some tenderized steak at the market the other day and decided to give them a try. I cut the steak into thick strips, gave them a light dusting with seasoned flour and and shallow fried them in some olive oil.

Beef, Avocado and Corn Quesidillas

Steak strips
Avo
corn cut from 2 cobs
white cheddar cheese
1 chopped chilli
flour tortillas
coriander

Use 1 tortilla per person. Cut tortilla in half, place all the filling ingredients on top and top with the other half of the tortilla. Place on the griller and cook until cheese is all gooey and melted. Perfection. The steak was everything I had hoped it would be, soft, tender, still juicy and not at all chewy!! I will definitely make this again soon!!!

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “Quesidillas – Beef, Avo and Corn”

1. Big Shamu 24 August 2009 at 2:50 pm #

Glad you solved your stringy steak problem. They look delicious.

2. Amy 24 August 2009 at 4:00 pm #

LOVE Quesidillas. So simple, easy and fast. And SO versatile. They are almost always my go-to meal when I'm in a pinch or exhausted from a long day caring for the kids.

Your version sounds/looks outstanding.

3. Elra 24 August 2009 at 5:31 pm #

Look superb Nina, I never made this at home, but sure will try. Seems pretty manageable!

4. That Girl 24 August 2009 at 6:45 pm #

Living in the land of Southwestern food, quesadillas are usually my go-to for a light meal.

5. Cookie 24 August 2009 at 8:44 pm #

What a simple and yummy recipe! We love quesidillas at our house. That white cheddar cheese oozing out of them look SO good!

6. glamah16 24 August 2009 at 10:25 pm #

You make it look so damn good! Look at hose pictures.

7. Karine 25 August 2009 at 6:55 am #

Avocado and beef together are so good and these quesadillas must be amazing!

8. Bellini Valli 25 August 2009 at 3:49 pm #

Even the photos do these justice Nina with your usual style. They sound delicious!!

9. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen 25 August 2009 at 6:08 pm #

Wow, Nina, these quesadillas look pretty perfect!

10. Pam 25 August 2009 at 6:32 pm #

This is my kind of food – the quesadillaas look amzazing Nina. Love the oozing cheese.

11. My Carolina Kitchen 25 August 2009 at 9:21 pm #

Delicious sandwiches. I too don't like to bite into a sandwich and find something hard to chew. The oozing cheese just makes me want to pick these up and have a bite.

12. SavoringTime in the Kitchen 25 August 2009 at 9:40 pm #

You're so right – there's nothing better than a wonderful quesadilla! I usually make mine with grilled chicken but the steak sounds very tasty too.

13. Helene 25 August 2009 at 11:56 pm #

You are so right, if done well they are addictive. Thanks for the recipe those look so yummy.

14. Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella 26 August 2009 at 2:59 pm #

I love how easy quesadillas are but never thought to use beef in them. Great recipe and thanks for sharing it! 🙂

15. ellysaysopa 26 August 2009 at 6:12 pm #

YUM YUM YUM! I love quesadillas. I was actually planning on making them this week or next with some beef roast I have in the freezer. I was going to slow cook it all day so hopefully it helps that chewy meat thing. 🙂 The avocado looks SO good in these.

16. Kevin 27 August 2009 at 12:45 pm #

Those quesadillas look so good! I have not tried using an avocado in a quesadilla yet but I am going to have to now.

17. The Woman 3 September 2009 at 9:19 am #

These look good! My favourite quesadillas are very plain – cheese, grated zucchini, some chopped up spring onions and a smear of sweet chilli sauce.

18. Yana 21 March 2011 at 11:09 am #

The best Quesidillas i've ever tasted!

19. Danie 13 October 2012 at 8:51 am #

I saw you made the tortillas yourself on the show Dinner Diva’s. Where can I find that recipe of yours?