November 20, 2019

Have an Apple Affection

Posted on June 1, 2011 by in cooking competitions

I clearly have an affection for apples if you count all the recipes with apples I have done in the last while. I think the most memorable one of them all will have to be the Rustic Apple Tart I made on Kwêla last night. The response from all over South Africa as people watched the show, was so overwhelming and humbling all at the same time. I love apples! Biting into a crisp red Starking or slicing a Granny Smith for an apple pie…I love it all!
When Meeta asked in the beginning of the year if I was willing to host a Monthly Mingle, I said I would provided  it will be towards the middle of the year. In January the middle of the year seemed so far away! Well, June is here and with that my turn to host the Monthly Mingle the brainchild-event of our uber-talented and most famous Meeta from What’s for lunch Honey?

The theme I chose for this months mingling is Apple Affection and this is what you can post.

-Any recipe with apples in the list of ingredients. It can be:

-Sweet or savory

-Hot or cold
-Summer or winter
-the apples can be fresh, dried, stewed or even an apple cider.

Here is how you mingle:

1. Create a dish that fits the above criteria
  2. Post about it on your blog from now to the 30 June 2011 (entries must be in English, please).
  3. Your creation must exclusively be prepared for the current Monthly Mingle theme and cannot be submitted to any other blog event.
  4. You must provide a link to this post and the Monthly Mingle page.

Once you have posted your dish/recipe, please email me at myeasycooking@gmail.com with Monthly Mingle in the subject line. Your email must have the following information:
-Your name
-Your blog name
-A link to the post where the dish appears
-The name of your dish
-A picture no wider than 300 pixels
Enjoy the Mingle

Tags:

11 Responses to “Have an Apple Affection”

1. That Girl 2 June 2011 at 12:33 am #

I do love apples. I just wish they were more in season right now!

2. bellini 2 June 2011 at 3:06 am #

Sounds like fun Nina!!!!

3. Candice 2 June 2011 at 7:37 am #

Yay, what an awesome mingle! Can we send you more than one "entry"? Want to make the most of this.

4. Nina 2 June 2011 at 7:59 am #

That girl – that is when you use apple cider or dried apples

val – are you entering?

candice – of course you can, can't wait to see!!

5. Marisa 2 June 2011 at 7:59 am #

Great mingle theme – might just have to get into gear for this one!

6. Anonymous 6 June 2011 at 9:02 am #

Ek het toevallig vanoggend kwela gekyk en is regtig bja opgewonde om gereeld jou resepte te gebruik! Wat n wonderlike konsep!!!

7. Meeta K. Wolff 6 June 2011 at 9:20 am #

So happy that the mingle is happening in gorgeous SA this month! Looking forward to all the grand apple creations!

8. I am thrilled! Love apples and even already have a recipe in mind I want to do!

9. Leaine's Kitchen 8 June 2011 at 9:28 am #

Thanks Nina, I am very keen to give this a shot 🙂

10. Jamie 13 June 2011 at 10:30 am #

Oh yay it is you hosting this month and apples are my husband's favorite for baked goods so I am in!

11. mycustardpie.com 22 June 2011 at 10:04 am #

Lovely theme – I really like baking with apples (and spice). Look forward to the round up.