December 9, 2018

How to cook a Spanish Frittata in an Air Fryer?

Posted on October 25, 2011 by in eggs

By now everyone who knows me and have been to my kitchen will know that I am quite an avid Phillips Air Fryer user. I have tried just about everything in the machine and it ticks all the right boxes for me, convenience, user-friendly, healthy, fast, easy-to-clean to mention but a few.
At the moment I have two machines and they run all day, everyday. We cook, fry, grill, bake and roast in them and even my children can manage making their own fries, something I would never have allowed them to do had it involved the use of hot oil.
However, the acid test ingredient for the Air Fryer was eggs. I love eggs, but it has to be done right. When fried, the yolk must be running, when boiled, the yolk must be runny, but the white set, when making omelets, the eggs must be set, but not rubbery, so you see, I have issues with eggs. The Air Fryer had something to prove and I was ready to put it through the acid test. The first egg recipe I tried in the Air Fryer, was Heuvos Rancheros and what a delight it was. Breakfast was ready in about 4 minutes and the eggs were just perfect.
Making a frittata required a little more time and a few more steps, but it still was the easiest frittata I’ve ever made and I had one pan to clean in the end. So if you need any more convincing, cook with me……

Spanish Frittata with Potato and Chorizo

To fit a small pan or the Phillips Air Fryer pan

3 jumbo free-range eggs
½ chorizo sausage – sliced
1 big potato – par-boiled and cubed
½ cup frozen corn
olive oil
chopped herbs of your choice – I used parsley
½ wheel of feta
salt/pepper

Pour a good glug of olive oil in the pan of the Air Fryer(or your pan on the stove), and add the chorizo, corn and the potato. Set the Air Fryer on 180C and cook the sausage and potato until slightly browned. Break the 3 eggs into a little bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs over the potato and sausage in the pan and top with crumbed feta and chopped parsley. Cook for another 5 minutes, check and if needed cook for another minute or so. When cooked turn out on a plate and serve with a chunky tomato relish and some fresh rocket.
If you are doing it on the stove top and oven, preheat the oven to 180C and then cook the potato and sausage in a oven-proof pan on the stove top. When the potato has browned slightly, beat the eggs in a small bowl and pour over the potato and sausage. Top with feta and parsley and and bake in the oven until the eggs are set.

More Phillips Air Fryer Recipes

23 Responses to “How to cook a Spanish Frittata in an Air Fryer?”

1. That Girl 25 October 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Confession – I don't even think I know what an air fryer is!

2. Anonymous 25 October 2011 at 2:23 pm #

What is an air fryer? Haven't seen it yet. Can you maybe post a picture?

3. Jeff @ Cheese-Burger.net 26 October 2011 at 7:41 am #

I'm planning to buy a Phillips Air Fryer and been looking for the first recipe that I'm going to try. This my just do the trick.

4. Junglefrog 26 October 2011 at 8:31 am #

I'm also not familiar with an air fryer but this definitely looks delicious!

5. zenchef 27 October 2011 at 5:35 am #

When I first read it I thought you wrote " How to cook a frittata with an air dryer".. and I thought.. What the heck!! haha

It looks delicious, Rita!

6. Helene 29 October 2011 at 9:00 pm #

I have never heard of it or seen it. That looks like something great to have in the kitchen.

7. tafino 10 November 2011 at 7:44 pm #

Hi from Spain! Im spanish and never seen something like that 🙂
    but, for sure I will try because seems to be mega delicious. THANK YOU!!

8. Anonymous 20 December 2011 at 2:35 am #

Hi, I love your recepies for the air fryer… I'm trying to find more for mine. And yes I love it 🙂

9. Anonymous 24 January 2012 at 1:57 pm #

The model I bought doesn't come with a baking pan. Can I just use my aluminum pan for baking in the Airfryer? Mh

10. amanda els 12 July 2013 at 11:32 am #

Hi I would like to know how the flavour wave oven compare to the airfryer. Looks similar, works with I think halogene globe…

Appreciate your answer

• nerinatimm 13 July 2013 at 2:56 pm #

I emailed you re the Airfryer!

11. Katcrox 21 January 2015 at 12:56 am #

I’m late getting this but I’m delighted with the recipes. Can’t wait to use my pan and am waiting for the grill pan.
    Love this appliance!

12. Anees Jutt 23 February 2016 at 9:19 am #

This is one of those dish where you don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything because there are so many fab textures and flavours! 😀

13. Ariana Miles 12 December 2016 at 9:42 am #

Thank you for sharing this post. I’ve just bought a new air fryer and I’m learning how to use it.

14. Kim Stone 1 March 2018 at 2:04 pm #

I’ve been using air fryer for a healthy diet. I’ll surely try this yummy recipe in my air fryer. Thank you so much!

15. Mcnulty 6 March 2018 at 12:31 pm #

i would choose to cook 2 potatoes, its much better

16. Aisha 7 March 2018 at 4:26 pm #

The potato looks amazing!

• nerinatimm 2 April 2018 at 12:02 pm #

THANK YOU AISHA!

17. Grills Forever 11 May 2018 at 12:34 pm #

you are shared a important tips of cooking. Air Fried food recipe cooking is not easy. So your cooking tips is informative for newbie. Thanks

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 25 Air-Fryer Recipes That Give a Crazy-Good Fried Taste Without All the Oil - January 18, 2018

[…] 2. Spanish Frittata With Potato and Chorizo […]

2. 25 Air-Fryer Recipes That Give a Crazy-Good Fried Taste Without All the Oil – Chooning U - January 31, 2018

[…] 2. Spanish Frittata With Potato and Chorizo […]

3. Air Fryer Recipes That Prove the Kitchen Gadget Is Worth It | Greatist - February 1, 2018

[…] 2. Spanish Frittata With Potato and Chorizo […]