August 22, 2019

Chocolate centered donuts with only two ingredients – How’s that?

Posted on July 7, 2013 by in baked goods

chocolate

Chocolate centered donuts…. bet I had you on that one already? Soft and doughy on the outside with a melted chocolate center, what a treat! What if I tell you that you can make it with only two ingredients! Impossible, I hear a choir of voices coming towards me!

Chocolate recipes are by far the most favorite recipes people search for, I know on My easy Cooking,  baking with chocolate and chocolate desserts do exceptionally well for me! Yet, many people stray away from baking with it or making desserts with it, because it requires tempering and  a little skill. Not around here it doesn’t! In Nina’s Kitchen we make things easy and effortless, but still delicious. This easy Orange Chocolate Mousse dessert was also made with only two ingredients and  do you remember these yummee Chocolate Samoosas, also made with just 2 main ingredients!

chocolate

A few weeks ago I featured a 3 ingredient cake on RSG and people went absolutely crazy. I got so many emails, sms’ and phone calls about this cake, even photographs or variations people make of this cake! I loved it! I have a suspicion that this recipes is going to have the same effect! How on earth can you make donuts, chocolate centered on top of it and only use 2 main ingredients? Impossible? No, not at all!

Yesterday, I was out all day running around, collecting food and props for a photo shoot and the later it got, the more frantic I became knowing that I had to make something for our Bible Study group! on my last stop, while looking for fresh bread, my eye caught the bags with fresh, ready-made bread dough and it is then that inspiration hit me!! Let me make some donuts and let me stuff’em with chocolate!

chocolate

Chocolate centered Donuts

makes 24

1 kg ready-made bread dough

2 packets Rolo chocolates

vegetable oil for frying

optional – cinnamon sugar for dusting

Method

Divide the dough into 24 balls and place on a floured surface. Take a Rolo chocolate and place in in the center fo the dough and with your fingers bring the dough around the chocolate, making sure there are no holes where the chocolate can leak out during frying. Repeat with all the other donuts. Heat the oil in a deep pot and when the oil is hot, fry the donuts in batches until done. Take the donuts out the oil with slotted spoon and dust with cinnamon sugar if you so prefer. Serve immediately!

chocolate

Twitter follow me button Soup or stew......you can have the best of both!

Facebook follow me button Soup or stew......you can have the best of both!

Tags: , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Chocolate centered donuts with only two ingredients – How’s that?”

1. Salome Bester 7 July 2013 at 9:11 pm #

Nog ‘n briljante idee, ek het dit al met “cupcakes” gedoen, nooit gedink om dit met brooddeeg te maak nie. Dankie.

• nerinatimm 9 July 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Dankie, ek is seker julle sal dit ook geniet!

2. Gerda Strydom 8 July 2013 at 7:50 am #

Dit klink so lekker!! Dink jy ek kaan dit bv vroeg op n sondag ogggend maak en dalkings net na ete vinnig in micro warm maak, of in low oond warm hou!! Ek kry 16 gaste vir ete en kanni dit na ete eers bak nie! Of enige ander voorstel vi vinnige nareg on vooraf te maak. Eks nie goed met nagereg nie. Dankie Nina!! Gerda

• nerinatimm 9 July 2013 at 9:39 pm #

Hello Gerda, baie dankie vir die kuiertjie! Ek sal dit nie in die mikro warm maak nie, dit sal sag en taai wees! Dit braai so ongelooflik vinnig dat ek dit sal braai en letterlik in die mense se borde uitgooi!

3. usha singh 8 July 2013 at 9:58 am #

oh this idea sounds divine–i am going to make some for neices “Xmas in July” birthday party on Saturday. Thansk for sharing Nina–i can just imagine a dozen 4 year old girls running around eating these delights

• nerinatimm 9 July 2013 at 9:40 pm #

I can imagine, you spoiling those kids rotten!! Enjoy Usha!

4. Zirkie 8 July 2013 at 8:29 pm #

Clever, Nins!!

• nerinatimm 9 July 2013 at 9:40 pm #

Dankie Zirks!

5. Hestelle 10 July 2013 at 12:29 pm #

Dit lyk ongelooflik lekker! Mens kan sowaar met my toor as ek die woord sjokolade hoor!

6. Annelise 11 July 2013 at 7:18 pm #

Ek luv die bolletjies!! …. maar daai blommetjies bord …. en knypertjie ….!!!! Het nou net in my boek geblaai en bar-one-croissant met roomys gesien … dink more is ‘n goeie dag vir die tjoklit-ding!!!

7. Keroshnee 12 July 2013 at 5:55 pm #

I made these today, it came it wonderful and tasty :0) making more tomrrow.

• nerinatimm 13 July 2013 at 2:55 pm #

Ooooo, love that idea!

8. ANTJIE 13 July 2013 at 10:23 am #

Wow – my kleinkinders is so lief vir donuts. Gaan dit defnitief probeer!

• nerinatimm 13 July 2013 at 2:50 pm #

Oooo, en jy gaan die best ouma in die wêreld wees!!

9. joyce 14 July 2013 at 3:31 pm #

thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes with us I love them I can’t find the 3 ingredient cake recipe please let me have it. Thanks a ton Blessings

10. Annatjie 16 July 2013 at 3:38 pm #

Hallo Nerina die donuts is heerlik maar myne wil nie toe bly nie ek is nog besig om die ander toe te maak dan gaan die eerste klomp al oop hoe moet ek hulle toe hou die ander gaan in die olie al oop het al n paar met tande stokkies probeer toe hou dankie Annatjie

11. Lindsey Gibaud 25 July 2013 at 8:20 pm #